Jan 6, 2011

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the connection IS water proof the headphones are not.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Digger is correct. Just don't get the phones themselves underwater. Everything else is good! Holler if you need any help!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes the connector is water proof. Knowing me, I ordered the waterproof headphones anyway because I knew I'd fall down or step in a hole. The worst part of the optional waterproof phones is the lack of a volume control and they are loud to me.

RWJR13

Apr 25, 2007
MESQUITE, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman said:
Yes the connector is water proof. Knowing me, I ordered the waterproof headphones anyway because I knew I'd fall down or step in a hole. The worst part of the optional waterproof phones is the lack of a volume control and they are loud to me.
.....Your right on that Sandman...That would be like something I would do.....Go figure......I believe in Murphy's Law.... :laughing9: :laughing9:

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, if something could go wrong, it will.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:

Sandman if you can somehow trim and fit some sort of thin rigid plastic sheet, get it to fit inside the ear muffs and cover the speakers, that might work. If it becomes too quiet you could take a paper punch and add holes as needed to make it louder.
Random thoughts from gleaner.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gleaner1 said:
Sandman said:

Sandman if you can somehow trim and fit some sort of thin rigid plastic sheet, get it to fit inside the ear muffs and cover the speakers, that might work. If it becomes too quiet you could take a paper punch and add holes as needed to make it louder.
Random thoughts from gleaner.
If I use the waterproof phones I already figured out to stick cotton balls in my ears. Then as the hearing goes like the rest of the body I can take out the cotton. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread