ACE 350 or the AT Pro?

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought my first detector maybe 3 weeks ago, the ace 350, and am already wishing I'd gotten the at-pro. And I am nowhere near having outgrown the ace by any means.

Get the pro.

The ace's audio is really just 3 or so different tones, whereas detectors like the pro have a full spectrum to listen to and try and figure out what you are finding. Also, no numeric reading on the display of the ace.

and of course the pro being waterproof.

Chips

Jun 1, 2012
Wellington
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 Ltd, GTAx1000 (Coil Died), AT-Pro (died), Tesoro Sand Shark,Ctx3030, Whites V3i.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think its all been said, the At-Pro is a keeper. For its price it packs a punch. You can pay a lot more money to get,, something that is a little better.
Have fun

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350, Garrett AT PRO, and Garrett Pro Pointer. Hope to one day be good enough to justify buying a Whites V3Xi.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just took the plunge and ordered the pro from kellyco a minute ago. not sure what I'll do with the ace...

CousinEddie

Mar 22, 2012
Cark and Ellen's
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Tesoro Vaquero, 31" Lesche Ball Handle Sampson Shovel, Lesche Tool, Garrett PP, Ultimate Gray Ghost Headphones
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Keep it as a backup or others to use when they hunt with you.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought my first detector maybe 3 weeks ago, the ace 350, and am already wishing I'd gotten the at-pro. And I am nowhere near having outgrown the ace by any means.

Get the pro.

The ace's audio is really just 3 or so different tones, whereas detectors like the pro have a full spectrum to listen to and try and figure out what you are finding. Also, no numeric reading on the display of the ace.

and of course the pro being waterproof.

Great advice! Holler with questions.

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got my pro today and just got in from hunting the creek by my house. Playing around with accessories....

image-1772724057.jpg

Current setup. Garrett AT Pro, with Lesche digger, Garrett ProPointer, and army surplus SAW mag pouch.

When hunting the pouch is where I will put my treasure (cans and nails) and when not in use I can store the headphones in it.

All three are meant to be put on your belt, but they fit perfectly on the armrest of the detector itself.

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Also, tip for Garrett owners... This might be old knowledge but I tried it today and seems to work perfect so far.

On both my AT-pro and Ace-350 the nylon strap in the wrist cuff constantly works it's way out the slot that holds it in. The exterior of the strap has two tiny loops sewn together, meant to keep it from coming through the slot.

I took a standard heavy duty paper clip, the big thick kind, and using some needle nose pliers inserted the clip through both loops. It took a couple snips to trim the clip so that it all fits into the loops, but once done it spreads them apart just enough to secure it properly.

Last edited:

gunntekk1

Mar 19, 2005
Newport PA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200 and ACE 250, AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is this a serious thread? I mean dude, the AT Pro is a dream machine . Look at Aquachigger i think thats his name, anyway, he is running circles around any machine, plus he is in a productive area. The AT Pro is the bomb, I'm looking forward to saving enough to get it, So guys if yall could spare some change my hat is out. lol

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gunntekk1 said:
is this a serious thread? I mean dude, the AT Pro is a dream machine . Look at Aquachigger i think thats his name, anyway, he is running circles around any machine, plus he is in a productive area. The AT Pro is the bomb, I'm looking forward to saving enough to get it, So guys if yall could spare some change my hat is out. lol

Wanna borrow my guitar? Play some tunes in public areas...

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wanna borrow my guitar? Play some tunes in public areas...

Speaking of which, that brings me to my next so-called mod... instead of the carry bag that came with the detector, I plan on getting a softsided guitar case to carry it in. Will protect it and disguise what it is better than the carry bag, which makes it look like I'm carrying a rifle to be honest.

My girlfriend said I should carry a boombox playing the sound of a weed-eater, that way people will think I'm just doing yardwork.

The paperclip mod I mentioned ROCKS by the way, so far have not had the wrist strap come off a single time.

normalizer

Sep 3, 2012
Nashville, TN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found the perfect stealth carry bag - a bass guitar gig bag. With pole in short position the at pro fits in perfect with room for headphones, ProPointer, Lesche, and more.

Got mine at local guitar shop for $40.

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
normalizer said:
Found the perfect stealth carry bag - a bass guitar gig bag. With pole in short position the at pro fits in perfect with room for headphones, ProPointer, Lesche, and more.

Got mine at local guitar shop for $40.

Very sweet.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread