OP
ultraflight77

ultraflight77

Dec 24, 2010
South bend,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Compadre
micprec said:
:hello2: i just tried to order one from keelyco also earlier today and they are backordered. since i live in northern indiana, i dont have access to a local dealer, could someone give me an idea of where i can order one from. would be greatly appreciated, i am new to this and so looking forward to getting out there and starting. thanks. michael

Micprec you live in Northern indiana,What city?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
micprec,
I have them in stock and ready to ship. Will send you a Pm.

micprec

Mar 7, 2011
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
thanks for all the info guys, i appreciate it. also not sure who asked what part on indiana i was in, but i am in fort wayne at the time being, lol. thanks again, and ill let you know who and when i got my at pro from. i look forward to many successful hunts. happy hunting everyone!!!! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

n3tuf

Mar 4, 2008
Glen Mills,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ultra,
Don't feel bad I just had to send my AT Pro back for the same problems you've been having. I tried to use it on saturday and it just would not stop chattering even with it backed off two notches on sensitivity. It was like every square inch of ground had iron in it. I tried re ground balancing and changing modes nothing I did would make it go away. I even turned off the iron audio and it kept up. It was driving me crazy! I tried my trusty Ace 250 over the same area and it worked great. Even found a sterling locket. I was down at the beach a few weeks ago and I was ready to chuck it into the water. Nothing but false signals. Then it would not even pick up my long handled sand scoop swung right over it. I also own a Garrett Sea Hunter which I tried at the same beach and no problems except digging bobbie pins a foot down. I moved the cable going into the coil and it was going crazy! I can't wait to get it back and try it out on some really old places I just got permission to hunt. I'll let you know how I made out!

n3tuf

Mar 4, 2008
Glen Mills,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called our Garrett distributer today and he told me that he called Garrett about the problem with the AT Pro's and they told him that any machines with the first three digits of the serial number from #505 and earlier are the ones that seem to be having the problem. Mine was in the 504 range. What was yours Ultra?

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
n3tuf said:
I called our Garrett distributer today and he told me that he called Garrett about the problem with the AT Pro's and they told him that any machines with the first three digits of the serial number from #505 and earlier are the ones that seem to be having the problem. Mine was in the 504 range. What was yours Ultra?

Mine is a 504 also... Hopefully getting it back soon. They've had it about a week now.

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250. Garrett AT Pro
I got my at pro in December , I don't seem to have the chatter problems yet and my serial is 504, now I'm debating on whether to send it in just to have it checked. Seems to work well, can find the littlest piece of aluminum 8" deep with sensitivity set midway( which is where I always run it), gets a little noisy when it's full strength which I assume is normal

BobInFla

Oct 7, 2010
Leesburg, FL
Detector(s) used
1970's model Garrett Master Hunter, AT Pro
I got my AT Pro in November and just 2 weeks ago got around to sending it back in for repair. I got it back tonight via UPS. Haven't had time to really check it out. I can't tell if they gave me a new coil or if they opened and resealed the bottom of the coil. The bottom of the coil does not look like it did when I sent it in.

Hopefully tomorrow I will have time to test it in my test garden. I have coins of each denomination buried at depths of 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10 inches. Some are clad and some are silver. Also have some metal junk buried as well. Haven't got around to burying any jewelry yet.

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Just got my AT Pro back. I'm unsure if they did any repairs inside the head unit, but it DID come back with a different coil than the one I sent in. I had made a mark on the inside of one of the attaching ears before sending it so I could identify it. The new coil came back with no marks.

Interesting though is the fact that the shipping receipt says they included a Garrett digging tool in the box, but it apparently never got placed in the box before shipping. I wonder if they are using this means to charge off the costs of their repairs as some type of promotional loss or something?

Anyone else show a digging tool on your bill of lading that wasn't in your box?

Overall, i'm still very pleased with Garrett's customer service, but I do gotta admit, receiving the digging tool would have made me even happier after spending the $15.00 to ship the detector back for warranty.

I'm looking forward to getting out and swinging this thing, and seeing how it is working now.

Edit note: Took the detector outside and checked in the same place it was falsing before, and also gave it some pretty good shakes. It no longer has the falsing/stability issue that I sent it in for.

This was on one of the 504 serial number units. It appears to be fixed.

Thanks!

kwdstalker

Jun 11, 2008
edgar nebraska
Detector(s) used
garrett ultra gta 500 garrett 250 ace and gti2500
my digging tool was wrap up with a lot of the wrapping paper,it looked just like a wad but weighted more,check your box and paper.

worthy

Dec 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro , whites pi , garrett ace 250, c-scope ib
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just waiting for my at pro coming from usa, hope it doesnt have problems. (long way to send it back from england). the dealer has checked it and says its good to go ! hope so!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I decided my AT PRO is far to sensitive to use out in the field. It was rock steady in the yard till I moved it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was having trouble with my ground balance. I found out I had to be 60 or 70 feet away from my house for it to work. Once I have it ground balanced, I can hunt as close to the house as I want with no problem. I'm starting to learn how sensitive the AT PROis. Before I got the AT PRO, an ACE 250 was the only detector I had ever used. I can run my ACE at 7 bars of sensitivity, the AT PRO gets real chatty with anything over 5 bars. But the AT PRO hits deeper on 5 than the ACE does on 7. I'm starting to really like the AT PRO the more I use it.

elemerica

Jan 26, 2010
Bellingham, MA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought mine in November, has a serial number of 5046xxxx and it too is very chatty. Sent a few emails back and forth with Brad and he said to send it in. I'll be sending it in soon, hopefully.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
elemerica said:
Bought mine in November, has a serial number of 5046xxxx and it too is very chatty. Sent a few emails back and forth with Brad and he said to send it in. I'll be sending it in soon, hopefully.

Chattery and falsing was an issue with very few machines. I see posts by newbies about problems with their highly sensitive state of the art metal detectors and I laugh. My ATPro is over the top.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
elemerica said:

Chattery and falsing was an issue with very few machines. I see posts by newbies about problems with there highly sensitive state of the art metal detectors and I laugh. My ATPro is over the top.

If your machine, set at the higher range of sense, becomes "chattery" in the house, no prob. Go outside. If it is a bit chattery outdoors, it will simply be for the fact that any good sensitive machine will pick up power lines. End of chattery subject. My atpro chatteres like a horribly possessed devil demon from hell. In the house and near power lines. Choose your medicine carefully.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
Well I decided my AT PRO is far to sensitive to use out in the field. It was rock steady in the yard till I moved it.

Sandman, your symptoms are classic coil connectivity problems. Get 'er fixed up and I look forward to seeing some finds from you soon. Do not lose any confidence, your's is an older one that had issues. It's that simple. Mine is absolutely smashing.

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
I received the repair invoice in the mail on my AT (free of charge).

It shows that Garrett replaced the coil itself, and that they also replaced a "coil connector assembly M120".

Had it out in the field this past weekend. It seems to be working fine now.

Am I happy with the AT? Absolutely!
Would I recommend it? Absolutely!
Would I buy another? Definitely!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Terrafisher said:
I received the repair invoice in the mail on my AT (free of charge).

It shows that Garrett replaced the coil itself, and that they also replaced a "coil connector assembly M120".

Had it out in the field this past weekend. It seems to be working fine now.

Terrafisher, thanks for the update, you clearly add credibility to the theory of a bit of a coil hiccup. It happens. I rejoice in the fact that you went with the pro, every indication I have with it is all on the butt-kickin good side of the fence. It's too good of a machine for the faint at heart. But not really. Its so stable in the iron and so sensitive, I can see it as being a classic killer in its own time. But that's just me. Get going Pro users!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread