Garrett At pro sent in for repairs

n3tuf

Mar 4, 2008
Glen Mills,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya Hooo! Just got my AT Pro back today! Out to Garrett and back home in 15 days. They said they replaced the coil and the PCB Assy M120 US. They also included a free stainless steel digger. It took 4 days just to get there UPS ground for $12.00. Put it back on the stem and went out behind my place and tried it out. It was not falsing anymore and the first thing I found was a quarter about 4 inches down. It was working perfectly and I can't wait to get back to some old properties we just got permission to hunt. My thanks to Marya at Garrett's fine customer service department. This is my third Garrett machine and now I use my Sea Hunter for deep underwater and my ACE 250 for the wife or a loner for friends or property owners who would like to try out the hobby.:hello2: Also for other AT Pro users, check out the instructional video's on the Garrett web site in the AT Pro page they are very helpful at demonstrating the capabilities of this fine machine. I plan on making a test garden out back to really learn the sounds and Target ID's of different targets.

cyerby

Greenie
Dec 3, 2010
kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So..I bought an AT PRO back around November. I took it out every chance I could, even hit the sledding slopes a few times. It was nice not having to worry about the snow,ice,and slush! I really wanted to get to know the unit before spring. This past week-end I was hunting an old home site, got a deep signal and dug a penny. When I set the detector on the ground to start digging, it starting giving all sorts of signals. I figured I set it on some trash, so didn't worry about it. When I got up, it kept at it...sound like interference. I lowered sensitivity, picked a different frequency, and then it settled down. I started swinging again, and realized it was WAAAY too quiet. I put a dime on the ground and could only detect it every 5th swing or so. Pressing the ground balance button results in steady beeping. Not cool! I did contact garrett and they told me to send it in. I sure do miss it already. Does this sound like the kinds of problems you all had? Up until this, the detector was far from quiet, but I expected that..I ran the test that was suggested out in my front yard and I was sure I had a good one...no falsing at all....and then this. I'm sad, but confident garrett will get me fixed up soon.

elemerica

Jan 26, 2010
Bellingham, MA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gleaner1 said:
elemerica said:
Bought mine in November, has a serial number of 5046xxxx and it too is very chatty. Sent a few emails back and forth with Brad and he said to send it in. I'll be sending it in soon, hopefully.

Chattery and falsing was an issue with very few machines. I see posts by newbies about problems with their highly sensitive state of the art metal detectors and I laugh. My ATPro is over the top.

Low post count does not mean people are "newbies." I took my AT Pro out in my back yard where there is nothing to interfere with it, set the sensitivity just a couple notches from minimum and the thing was still making all kinds of noise. That is just simply not right - not for any machine.

I sent it in a couple weeks ago, and I'll be getting it back this Friday. I'll post any info provided to me from Garrett about what was wrong with it.

OP
OP
ultraflight77

ultraflight77

Dec 24, 2010
South bend,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Compadre
Just an update on my AT Pro,it was a bad coil.I have tested it and it is stable now :hello2: Can't wait for the weekend to get here. ;D

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad it is running stable. You are going to love it.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
elemerica said:
gleaner1 said:
elemerica said:
Bought mine in November, has a serial number of 5046xxxx and it too is very chatty. Sent a few emails back and forth with Brad and he said to send it in. I'll be sending it in soon, hopefully.

Chattery and falsing was an issue with very few machines. I see posts by newbies about problems with their highly sensitive state of the art metal detectors and I laugh. My ATPro is over the top.

Low post count does not mean people are "newbies." I took my AT Pro out in my back yard where there is nothing to interfere with it, set the sensitivity just a couple notches from minimum and the thing was still making all kinds of noise. That is just simply not right - not for any machine.

I sent it in a couple weeks ago, and I'll be getting it back this Friday. I'll post any info provided to me from Garrett about what was wrong with it.

Sorry elemerica, I meant no attack on you, certainly I do not know your experience level, so I cannot possibly comment on that, can I? To me, it is clear that you are in fact experienced because you knew something was wrong. I look forward to your comments when you get the good one. Regards, gleaner.

cyerby

Greenie
Dec 3, 2010
kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got the AT PRO back today. It is much more quiet than before...I didn't really think I was having falsing issues, but maybe I was? At any rate..it's all good now! I tried it out in the back yard where I had been many times with the ace250. It took me 20 seconds to find a dime about 5 inches deep. I am so glad I got the at pro back! Plus a digger..and, all in a 7 day round trip from kansas. Not bad, thank you garrett!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT PRO was delivered by UPS Friday. I am glad I had my regular driver as he knows my house and never leaves anything on the porch.

AT PRO worked perfectly in test garden and was stable with max sensitivity with only a chirp that couldn't be confused with a deep signal. They replaced the coil and worked on controls inside. I am now going to have to play with the headphone jack when I use the waterproof head phones. I know if I use the land ones in the water I will fall down. Murphys Law right. "If something can go wrong, it will."
Reinstalling the coil cover was a trip, but this time I soaked the cover in warm water first and it snapped right on. Garrett also sent me a digger that was made in the USA.

I am a happy camper, thanks Garrett. :thumbsup:
Sandman

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Gee, I guess i'm the only one so far that got shorted outta my free digger.

Oh well, at least they fixed my machine!

Tried it out at the Fostoria hunt last week, and it worked great! I dug all kinds of cans and crap. LOL!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread