Who Wants a GTP 1350 4X6 DD search coil for trashy areas?

relicswinger

Jun 19, 2008
I have called Garrett on several occasions to ask them if they were going to produce a 4X6 DD coil for the 1350. So far, there are no good vibes. Those of you out there with a 1350, what do you think, would you buy a 4X6 DD coil? The good aspect of a DD coil is that the search field is shaped long and narrow instead of being a rounded cone for the usual coil. This would make it easier to search in a trashy area. My buddy has a Whites with a 4X6 DD coil and in a trashy area he can find items that I can't even see with the round coil. He can move his DD coil about a quarter inch and get the signal to be separate where with my round coil the good item is "masked" by the trash item.
Are you a 1350 owner?

Well, how about it, can we get Garrett to make us 1350 owners the 4X6 DD coil?

If we did would you buy it?

I would...

OP
OP
R

relicswinger

Jun 19, 2008
Re: GTP 1350 4X6 DD search coil

Perhaps this is why Garrett is not interested in making a 4X6 DD coil. This posting has been in place for a while and there are no replies or comments (other than this one). If there is no interest by us out here why would they make the coil...

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I think the larger DD coil they produce is good as far as a smaller coil the crossfire 11 will get the seperation you need.

OP
OP
R

relicswinger

Jun 19, 2008

Unfortunately the only coils that fit the 1350 are the 10X14 Power DD, 9X12 Proformance, 8.5X11 Proformance DD and the 4.5 Super Sniper. I own all of them except the 8.5X11.
None of these are small DD coils. The search field area under a round coil is a rounded cone shape. If there is two objects close to one another the cone shape will see both objects and report it as either one or the other (known as masking). Digging one of them will unmask the other.
A small DD coil will allow you to see each object individually, since the search field is narrow and shaped somewhat like a windshield wiper. My buddy can look at my target and let me know about the individual items. I have to dig each of them and then recheck the hole for more items. I want the kind of dirt microscope my buddy has for myself.
This is why I'm putting out a question about a 4X6 DD coil.
If people post about it here, I'll take the results and call Garrett. Manufacturers don't make things that they don't think will sell. We have to show a demand for an item and then they'll make it for us...

OP
OP
R

relicswinger

Jun 19, 2008
I think I may have found the reason that Garrett doesn't want to make the coil.

Not enough people own a 1350 and therefore...

Not enough people want one...

And without demand...

Why go to the expense to engineer one?

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's why White's is a better company and make a better detector and accessories you couldn't of said it better to prove my reason why to by White's products. :laughing7:

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO

relicswinger said:
Unfortunately the only coils that fit the 1350 are the 10X14 Power DD, 9X12 Proformance, 8.5X11 Proformance DD and the 4.5 Super Sniper. I own all of them except the 8.5X11.
None of these are small DD coils. The search field area under a round coil is a rounded cone shape. If there is two objects close to one another the cone shape will see both objects and report it as either one or the other (known as masking). Digging one of them will unmask the other.
A small DD coil will allow you to see each object individually, since the search field is narrow and shaped somewhat like a windshield wiper. My buddy can look at my target and let me know about the individual items. I have to dig each of them and then recheck the hole for more items. I want the kind of dirt microscope my buddy has for myself.
This is why I'm putting out a question about a 4X6 DD coil.
If people post about it here, I'll take the results and call Garrett. Manufacturers don't make things that they don't think will sell. We have to show a demand for an item and then they'll make it for us...

Out of curiosity, what does your buddy swing? God forbid that it's a Whites, or Liftloop will do the "IToldYouSo!" dance.

OP
OP
R

relicswinger

Jun 19, 2008
Out of curiosity, what does your buddy swing? God forbid that it's a Whites, or Liftloop will do the "IToldYouSo!" dance.

Yes, he has a White's. We both get to dance the dance at each other. Sometimes he finds a good one other times it is me...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread