ace 250

squidman

Mar 21, 2009
rhode island
Detector(s) used
ace 250
i use a ace250 and i find tons of stuff from coins to buttons to lead and muskets.i find using it on coin mode with the sensetivity all the way up works best for me.relic mode works well also.once you get the hang of the machine you will find tons of stuff :laughing7:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here's a very helpful ACE 250 purchasers review of the machine! :icon_thumright:
Happy Hunting,
Dave

"The Ace 250 is a very sensitive machine. I have been surprised many times with the depth that this machine can detect, and with the small size of some of the items it can detect. There have been a few times when the Ace 250 has detected a small item that my pinpointer has had difficulty detecting! It's quite impressive.

The Ace 250 is feature-rich, but very easy to use. It has several discrimination modes that you can choose from, and it allows you to program a custom one of your own. There is a sensitivity control that allows you to adjust the detectors sensitivity for the ground conditions in your area. The Target ID on the display will give you a good idea of what type of target you are detecting, and the depth display will tell you the approximate depth of the target.

Pinpointing with the Ace 250 is quite simple and accurate. Hold down the pinpoint button, and do an X over the target area, as described in the manual. The open coil allows you to see the edge of where the tone starts to drop out on sides, front and back of the target. Imagine the center point of these edges and that is where the target will be.

One must-have option for the Ace 250 is the 4.5" Sniper coil. With the Sniper coil, you can detect targets between trash items. You can also get very close to large metal objects, such as playground equipment and fences. This allows you to find targets that others cannot with their larger, less capable coils. An Ace 250 with a Sniper coil is an awesome combination.

Overall, I've been extremely happy with my Garrett Ace 250. It definitely is a high performance machine that is easy to use and priced much lower than comparable models. I highly recommend it."

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at my post in ANNUAL FINDS 2010.

Coin Stalker

Jan 12, 2011
Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Max, Tesoro Compadre
The 250 is an awesome machine and it will take about 4 months or so to get completely comfortable with the machine, but stick with it and that machine will make you happy, (PS i have had the 250 for 5 months and it paid for its self).. :laughing7:

Swartzie

Mar 15, 2009
Tuscarawas County, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It will work, but it will also miss some stuff if it's deeper or smaller. I started with a 250 then upgraded to a Tesoro Tejon. The 250 is a nice machine though.
-Swartzie

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Contact me if you have any questions about the 250 or any other machine, love to help you.

rapid

Greenie
Mar 19, 2011
I'm use Ace 150 with 12x13 DD NEL coil and very happy) for example 50 mm cuprum coin (5 kopeeks of Cathrin 2 at deep 40 cm) But my following device will be russian AKA Signum 7272M.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread