gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It seems like there is a laundry list of ergo complaints, short arm rest, short cables, tough connections, I mean really tough connections, heavy coil, battery box is not marked for polarity you have to remember it or look at manual, I can think of more.

It seems like there are Product Failure or Quality issues, Garrett wont get specific, so we can guess based on experience.........
Falsing (due to coil or brain box problems?).
I can find the post about replaced shielding.
Chattery/Unstable performance (coil, brain box?).
Functions like gb or pp don't work (brain box, coil, push buttons???)
And other Crazier-than-a-pole-cat-in-a-henhouse wacky crazy stuff.

It seems like it's a real son of a gun.

Mine seems to be working just fine.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My AT Pro is steady as a rock outside the house till I move it, then it gives a lil tic. This can put me on point but it is not repeatable. Reminds me the first time I took a Excal hunting and the threshold came back at a different tone, higher or lower. I was ready to wrap it around a tree. I am afraid if I think mine is unstable Garrett will just dumb it down since they aren't telling us what the "fix" really is. :icon_scratch:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
My AT Pro is steady as a rock outside the house till I move it, then it gives a lil tic. This can put me on point but it is not repeatable. Reminds me the first time I took a Excal hunting and the threshold came back at a different tone, higher or lower. I was ready to wrap it around a tree. I am afraid if I think mine is unstable Garrett will just dumb it down since they aren't telling us what the "fix" really is. :icon_scratch:

Sandman, Garrett wants all of their customers to be 110% satisfied. Dumbing down the unit with all the air test data published by them and others would be, simply speaking, metal-detector-manufacturing-company suicide. I think the thing is absolutely smashing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread