Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i had my AT Pro put a few times and it worked great...... Took it out this week end and it went nuts crazy........ It just chatters all the time it will not shut up............... I can still hear the targets and pin them down and dig them.............. But the stupid thing will not shut up.............. Well i guess it goes back to Garrett............ Before it drives me as nuts as it is......................

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Sounds like what mine was doing. Garrett advised me to simply fill out the repair form, send in just the head unit and coil (no stems) and they would repair it free. Mine should be back this week hopefully. They have had it for about 4 or 5 days now.

You can get the repair form here:

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/forms/north_america_repair_form.pdf

Good luck!

Oh, forgot to add, mine got so bad it started scrolling through the menus and flashing the screen by itself.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about the AT PRO Keppy.... I know you have been worrying about its performance just like I have. Mine so far is acting as it should. Now that I said that, it'll go haywire too. :help:

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Terrafisher said:
Sounds like what mine was doing. Garrett advised me to simply fill out the repair form, send in just the head unit and coil (no stems) and they would repair it free. Mine should be back this week hopefully. They have had it for about 4 or 5 days now.

You can get the repair form here:

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/forms/north_america_repair_form.pdf

Good luck!

Oh, forgot to add, mine got so bad it started scrolling through the menus and flashing the screen by itself.
Ya i had that scrolling through the menus with my 1500 had to send it in a few years ago for that......

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
Sorry about the AT PRO Keppy.... I know you have been worrying about its performance just like I have. Mine so far is acting as it should. Now that I said that, it'll go haywire too. :help:
Sandman mine worked just fine then i took it out an it went nuts.........

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
keppy when i first got my AT it seemed very stable, then after about 3 hours on the machine is when mine started to act up and have some falsing issues. i didn't think mine was that bad but i also didn't want it to get worse(like it seemed to be doing) anyway i called garrett, sent it in and about 9 days later i had mine back and everything seems great.

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
I read in another topic that it is mainly the machines with serial numbers beginning with 505 and lower that are having the problems. Mine is a 504 serial number.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
dogpound said:
keppy when i first got my AT it seemed very stable, then after about 3 hours on the machine is when mine started to act up and have some falsing issues. i didn't think mine was that bad but i also didn't want it to get worse(like it seemed to be doing) anyway i called garrett, sent it in and about 9 days later i had mine back and everything seems great.
Well Dog mine will be on it's way back on Fri...............

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Terrafisher said:
I read in another topic that it is mainly the machines with serial numbers beginning with 505 and lower that are having the problems. Mine is a 504 serial number.
Terra... My number starts with 505 , I thought it was fine but it was not...........

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
mine was also a 505 serial number, when i called garrett the serial number was one of the first things they asked me.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had mine out three times. The first two hours it runs stable, but after that it starts falsing and I have to turn the sensitivity down to three bars. I'm also having ground balace and pinpoint issues. I thought in standard mode it would work like my ACE 250.It does not. I've never had a machine with manual ground balance so it may be user error. I'm trying to figure it out before I call Garrett. I'm trying to ground balance over clean ground, and I have my coil wire taped to the shaft. My serial number starts 510 so it should be good, but who knows.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
lookindown said:
I've had mine out three times. The first two hours it runs stable, but after that it starts falsing and I have to turn the sensitivity down to three bars. I'm also having ground balace and pinpoint issues. I thought in standard mode it would work like my ACE 250.It does not. Iv'e never had a machine with manual ground balance so it may be user error. I'm trying to figure it out before I call Garrett. I'm trying to ground balance over clean ground, and I have my coil wire taped to the shaft. My serial number starts 510 so it should be good, but who knows.
Well right now i am not happy about this ........ So all i can do is ship it back..........

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Early stories indicated classic coil connectivity problems such as falsing from rapid motion. Then came the GB horror stories and the pp and excessive chatter problems which indicate control box problems. Where will it end? Will this fabulous new ATPro story hold water? Or will it spring a leak?

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get mine on Friday so it better not mess up on me :tongue3: and I feel for you guys as it's costing you shipping fees to send it back to them for a Garrett mistake >:( They should be reimbursing you guys that's only fair :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
Early stories indicated classic coil connectivity problems such as falsing from rapid motion. Then came the GB horror stories and the pp and excessive chatter problems which indicate control box problems. Where will it end? Will this fabulous new ATPro story hold water? Or will it spring a leak?
I am a little po........... I might just put it up for sale...........

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Send it in. It's only $15 to ship, since all they want is the head and coil. Why pass the problem on to someone else when it's an easy fix like that?

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Terrafisher said:
Send it in. It's only $15 to ship, since all they want is the head and coil. Why pass the problem on to someone else when it's an easy fix like that?
I will send it in i am just PO at all these detector companys that keep sending out new detectors that don't work right.........

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
Terrafisher said:
I will send it in i am just PO at all these detector companys that keep sending out new detectors that don't work right.........

What kills me is that the dealer tells me the thing will ship from the factory. It gets to me with a piss poor packing tape job looks like a fourth grader did it. Word to the wise: A good fresh UNOPENED unit from Garrett will have 4 white plastic straps wrapped tightly around it. 2 one way and 2 the other, looks like a tictactoe. No tape. Insist on this.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy, I can't believe it either, shipping defective product. But don't give up the ship. I am sure you will get full satisfaction soon. Mine is very sensitive. My opinion is that in mild soil it is almost impossible to miss an old cent or silver dime at 10". Mine air tests a silver dime at 10", inside the house at sense level 4. Mine chatters like a banshee in the house at 7 and 8 sense level. I cannot see this thing missing an old quarter at 12" ever. I will be hitting the 1950's muddy circus grounds soon with a full report.

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
don't own an At Pro but seems like that there are alot of problems with it, all the other forums have alot of complants about it :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread