Garrett GTI 2500 parts

Orange Crush

Feb 14, 2011
Bismarck, ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
A corner broke off of the stand on my GTI 2500 the other day. It must have gotten bumped around in the back of my Blazer. Does anyone know where I can get this piece? It is attached to the bottom of the forearm cuff by a few screws and also holds the battery pack. It looks like it would only take two minutes to replace. I called Garrett, but the lady (who I could barely understand) said she would call me back when she found out if that part was available for sale. I wonder if I will have to send in the GTI for repairs. I hope not, but if that is the case I can live with the broken stand till next winter. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

• gti stand.jpg
    gti stand.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,025

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
mustugio11 said:
A corner broke off of the stand on my GTI 2500 the other day. It must have gotten bumped around in the back of my Blazer. Does anyone know where I can get this piece? It is attached to the bottom of the forearm cuff by a few screws and also holds the battery pack. It looks like it would only take two minutes to replace. I called Garrett, but the lady (who I could barely understand) said she would call me back when she found out if that part was available for sale. I wonder if I will have to send in the GTI for repairs. I hope not, but if that is the case I can live with the broken stand till next winter. Thanks for any help.
I know the lady you are talking about i got her twice this year........................... And both times i could not under stand what she was talking about and told her i would call back at a another time........... All she said was what i understood was whats your zip code.....................That had nothing to do with what i wanted to know what a pain in the A$$ she was............... AS for your part if you get the right person at Garrett they would have one in stock you can get...........And they will send it to you............And the last time i called i told them do not give me that lady that does not speak english.....................................And they gave me some one that helped me with what i wanted................. I don't under stand why they let her talk to people ???????... That for sure is not good customer service........

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is worse is talking to Microsoft Support where you talk to someone in India.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
You can also ask for Sue or Brad for metal detector issues. I doubt if you have to send your detector in to replace that stand. You just have to remove a couple of screws, exchange it and replace those screws again. http://www.garrett.com/contact.htm

OP
OP
Orange Crush

Orange Crush

Feb 14, 2011
Bismarck, ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Thanks guys for all the help. Hilda, from Garrett, called me back regarding the part I needed for my GTI 2500 and asked for an address to ship it to. NO CHARGE! So once again, the Garrett customer service staff did well. Yesterday we got six inches of fresh, heavy snow here in Bismarck, ND. I am only going to have two months of nice weather this year if this keeps up.

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sue at Garrett is a pleasure to talk to. Sometimes I am tempted to create a problem so I can talk to her. As for the zip code...I sure it is the first line on their greeting prompter. It helps them keep track of customers.

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
I had the same problem with my GTI 2000. I think there may have been a problem with material used to make those parts. Garrett however were as helpful as always and repaired my detector free of charge. The detector was returned within a week. I am sorry you had the problem, I have only ever had the best of service from Garret,

architecad

Nov 25, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX-II, GTI 2500, Sea hunter, Eagle Eye two box
My GTI2500 got the neck broken thanks to American airline employees when I flew to Arizona years ago. I called to Garret in TX and they told me to fix my GTI, $150.00 only for the broken part, not labor, therefore, I decide to fix it by myself. :hello2:

Arch

Attachments

• GTI2500 fixed.JPG
    GTI2500 fixed.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 2,408
  • GTI2500 fixed.JPG
    GTI2500 fixed.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 512

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread