Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
purchased a new Infinium from Don at N Ga Relics. Seems like a neat machine. Here are my thoughts after completing my testing.
First off the stock headphones are crap. Cut the end and solder on a female jack. I have a set of GG Ultimates with a limiter and you can hear the whispers great without losing your hearing on large targets. So figure out the headphone situation if you havent already. You will miss targets with the stock ones especially if it is windy or noisy. 2nd the s shaft sucks! It wobbles and feels like it is going to fall apart. I have an Anderson Shaft that is AWESOME! Get a straight shaft form somewhere. 3rd GO VERY SLOW!!! The slower you go the deeper you can hear so remember other wise it is no good to swing a PI machine.

Feild testing- About 5 years ago I made a test garden in my yard after clearing it free of all unwanted targets. I planted different targets at varing depths so after a year or so my markers were gone and half the target I couldnt hear at all with my DFX in any program or coil. Just becasue I placed them deep in the red clay. My soil type is similar to Culpeper yet not quite as hot.
To make it short the infinium sniffed out every target I had planted and even about 10 more targets that the dfx couldnt even hear when I initially cleared it out.

While this may not mean much to you think about it this way. The Infinium found twice as many good targets in that patch as the dfx! That to me spells results. ANd further more when you get the VLF in that true Hot dirt you will lose depth as well. So overall I am impressed with its capabilities. It is a major adjustment from swinging a VLF however! JMO

Targets recovered in hot soil test Garden

DFX-
2 Wheaties 4" & 6"
3 ringer at 6'+
Flat buttons 6-7"

Infinium
2 Wheaties 8 & 10"
2 silver dimes 8 & 10"
2 Flat Buttons 8 & 10"
Large Censt at 12 & 14"
2- 3 ringers at 8-10"
About 10 more ferrrous and non Ferrous targets that the DFX did not identify.

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY THIS, AN ETRAC WILL NOT HANDLE THE HOT SOIL IN A MANNER AS IF IT MAY OUTPERFORM A DFX OR OTHER PROVEN VLF MACHINE. SUCH AS AN MXT, V3I, F75, T2 OR A X5.

Now I love the DFX and will never stop using it mainly becasue in most areas around here targets dont find there way that deep. But in some places they do and you can bet the infinium will be there to sniff them out

OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
liftloop said:
first your comparing an apple which is the dfx to soared grapes the garret one is a vlf and the other a P.I if you had the T.d.I then it would be a diffrent storie any P.I will eat a v.l.f in rotten ground. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply just sharing my thoughts on its performance compared to a vlf perhaps to some of those out there tat may find it useful. Sorry that you did not. ::)

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
liftloop said:
first your comparing an apple which is the dfx to soared grapes the garret one is a vlf and the other a P.I if you had the T.d.I then it would be a diffrent storie any P.I will eat a v.l.f in rotten ground. :thumbsup:

Liftloop, come on... get off the Garrett bashing and grow up a little. It's really getting rather old, and I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks so either. I have both Whites and Garrett machines, I can praise both and find faults with both, but you'll NEVER see me trying to start any type of crap regarding one detector or another.

There have been several threads where folks have asked legitimate questions or posted legitimate information and all you've done is jumped in with the "Garrett is Crap" garbage, enough already. ::)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dwight S said:
liftloop said:

Liftloop, come on... get off the Garrett bashing and grow up a little. It's really getting rather old, and I'm sure i'm not the only one who thinks so either. I have both Whites and Garrett machines, I can praise both and find faults with both, but you'll NEVER see me trying to start any type of crap regarding one detector or another.

There have been several threads where folks have asked legitimate questions or posted legitimate information and all you've done is jumped in with the "Garrett is Crap" garbage, enough already. ::)

I Don't think He is Garrett Bashing here

Maybe VLF Bashing ?

However Bashing any Particular "Brand" Or "detector
You have Never Personally Used", Is
against The rules

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
If you run the Infinium at the threshold set at 5-6, expect another 2-4 inches in depth. :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• 2010INFINIUM.jpg
    2010INFINIUM.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 173
OP
OP
jamesbibb

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2009
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
John-Edmonton said:
If you run the Infinium at the threshold set at 5-6, expect another 2-4 inches in depth. :icon_sunny:

WOW! i will give it a run

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread