First hunt with ATPro serves up some trash.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Pro mode, zero scrim, sense at 6, 7 and 8, auto gb, in an older lawn inside the city limits I had previously hit hard with cz20. Lots of old burnt coal cinders and iron trash scattered about. Iron trash was easy to tell, it all gave nice smooth low tone, no high tone pops at all, like the cz's. I am impressed with its depth, rock solid three tone, and very good stability over the iron crap. Anything remotely non ferrous shines thru into the mid tone, well enough to investigate. Two small brass buttons at 5" gave rock solid mid tone response. I could hear all the iron, but the machine handles the audio response so well that it is not annoying. These are from a half hour hunt, it was 18 degrees F with wind chill, but I had to do it. I show the pull tab for size reference. The big iron I could make sound iffy, so I dug it. I wont be digging too much big iron with this machine and I bet I never dig a nail or rusty bottle cap with it.

Attachments

• DSC06282.jpg
    DSC06282.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 374
  • DSC06283.jpg
    DSC06283.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 373
  • DSC06284.jpg
    DSC06284.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 385
  • DSC06286.jpg
    DSC06286.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 372
OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The machine pp's dead nuts right into the little window at the center with very little effort. The DD gives absolutely no grief on pp. Everything I dug here was in the plug or in the crumblings at the bottom of the hole. I can go on and on. I have many more comments on this machine. The short phone cable, no prob. Stretch that baby out, get another foot or so. Just stretch that frikken thing out. Go for it. I stretched the cable out as much as I dared and now its perfect. The armrest extension is dreadful, I am not too tall and it rests a good 4 or 5" below my elbow. I cannot imagine that Garrett will not offer a retrofit extension with 1" to 6" extension range. I am working on my own. I will post. Abnormally cold weather here these days.

OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The ATPro is the world's most perfect metal detector in an all terrain situation. That is what AT stands for.... All Terrain. That is some funny stuff right there, I don't care who you are. I am preparing to hit the fifties circus grounds soon, but we are experiencing a below normal cold spring here this year. Forecast says snow and rain here for a few days. I will post more outrageous crap soon. When it warms up.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good post gleaner. What kind place did you detect.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
Oh, I see, no comments on my stuff, that's okay. Everyone must be a bit mesmerized. That's the ticket.
Gleaner... I see your finds but i did not know what i should say :dontknow:??? GREAT FINDS ?? BETTER LUCK THE NEXT TIME ?? :laughing9: :laughing9: :occasion14:

OP
OP
gleaner1

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I knew I'd rustle some of you guys up. Oh well, I have had better days behind a tector. At least mine works. And heck, it was only my first time out, and a half hour to boot. And look at those killer smalls! Just look at 'em! Wow. And I froze my skinny azz off doin it. I wont find anything till I hit the circus silver pit. Coming soon.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Keep up the good work gleaner.......... I do read all your posts....................... :headbang:

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Bet you flat clean house at the old fair ground, the old one around here got paved over and the modern one is posted "NO MD'ING" :'( .

Good to here they took care of your machines problems.

~~Happy Hunting~~

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
i'm sure you'll clean house at the circus grounds, good ta see your gettin some time out with your AT despite the crappy weather. good luck and HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions