jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
To all of you using the AT Pro: I am seriously considering getting one of these and I have a few concerns.

I have used the Ace series previously and one thing I noticed was terrible interference from other metal detectors and power lines. How does the AT Pro handle these situations?

Also, depth? What depths are you all getting with the stock setup?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Demon_Wolf

Feb 15, 2011
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 1500, Garrett AT Pro
Hello, I have the At Pro and I love it. It has a frequency adjustment on it where you can change the frequency around other metal detectors and power lines, Mine seems to work fine around and near power lines except for underneath them then it gets chattery. I have been hunting a park that I hit hard last year with my Garrett GTI 1500 and so far this year I have found 2 silver dimes and both where at 8 inches. I also found a silver quarter and it was at 6 inches on edge. And yesterday I found a 1944 P war nickel at 7 inches. Also would like to say if you get one don't go by the VDI numbers go by the sound. Dig all the high tones, when I found the silver quarter it was about 2 inches underneath a nail and the machine was giving me a high tone and the VDI was bouncing between 52 an 58. If you watch the videos from Garrett they say the machine will hit the high tone but the VDI will read the conductivity of all the targets. I also would like to say I only hunt in Pro Mode Zero with the Discim set at 25. Hope this helps Good Luck And Happy Hunting!!!

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman is correct. Frequency shift will help allot. All machines will be effected in certain ways by interference. The AT Pro does a very good job of working around it though. Any questions feel free to email or call me. Love to help you. I will send you a PM. Thanks, bart

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread