AT Pro Auto Ground Balance sounding Scrambled???

czoom

Feb 11, 2011
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Garrett ACE 250
It was working ok for a while. Yesterday all day when I was trying to auto ground balance the machine., it was glitching out and making very loud abnormal noises that would not go away while the button was pressed in. The detector still works ok but I think the ground balancing on my machine is glitched out.

Anyone experience this problem or know the cause of or fix for it??? I really don't want to send it to Garrett for a fix.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unfortunately if your not ground balanced your not getting full depth or sensitivity. I don't think there is a fix. Sounds like something might be wrong. Probably best bet to call Garrett and talk to them . They do a great job at customer service!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you have the same problem the rest of us have had, myself included. Mine was a serial # starting with 504 and mine was stable till one day it when berserk. Called Garrett and was told to send it in.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
Sorry you have the same problem the rest of us have had, myself included. Mine was a serial # starting with 504 and mine was stable till one day it when berserk. Called Garrett and was told to send it in.
Yep.. My AT Pro is on the way to Garrett right now.............It seems like a lot of us are haveing the same problem.............

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine was pp brain dead right out of the box, the box that had a second-grader-packing-taped hack job. It was assured to be "factory fresh" .
Yeah right. I too sent it back at my cost. No biggy. My real new one was sent with factory sealing and it is absolutely smashing. Do not give up the ship. I look forward to your leaking posts. Coming soon???.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Get those babies fixed. The three tone id is perfect. You will not get any high pitch unless its copper or silver. Period. And astounding iron stability and high sense are worth the pain in the nether regions to get it fixed. I love mine. Garrett refuses to have nothing less than 100% consumer satisfaction, guaranteed. If you like to run full bore with zero scrim you will be impressed.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I say hang in there. I am not a rabid Garrett fan but they are rock solid so I gave them a chance because I like multi-tone and high sense. I like Fisher. I am not disappointed with a hiccup, its almost expected. I am excited a bit. If it breaks again, off it goes, I'll take another hit.

If my machine gives a little itty bitty tiny smidgen of trouble, I will probably break three fingers and a thumb posting all about it. I can't wait.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am waiting for my AT PRO to come back and wish Garrett would email me with the tracking # when it is shipped so I can watch for it to arrive. I get tired of sueing UPS for non delivery.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman said:
I am waiting for my AT PRO to come back and wish Garrett would email me with the tracking # when it is shipped so I can watch for it to arrive. I get tired of sueing UPS for non delivery.
Fed X is the way to go. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
czoom

czoom

Feb 11, 2011
Riverside, CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Garrett ACE 250
Awwww mannn what a drag. Guess I will call them up on Monday, to get this shipped & fixed.

deepfoot

Greenie
Mar 19, 2010
Parksville, BC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my AT Pro back from a certified Garrett repair place in Langley, B.C...SMI Industrial Electronics, fast service and they did a great job.

They replaced the original guts with the Euro version, so I'm ready to go.

I had the ground balance problem too...the rapid fire beep, but the thing that blows me away is the fact that it works so much better now, so I will have to go back over all the spots I have already covered because I obviously missed a lot with a defective machine. The difference is quite extreme. Where I was getting no signals and thought the ground was barren I now discover is full of coins and who knows what all else.

So if you find your new machine acting a bit out of balance get it repaired...mine started with the 504 serial number as well.

nscrcr8z

Jun 4, 2011
cullman al
Detector(s) used
v3i/ xl 6000 pro/AT pro, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine starts with 522 is that number considered early or OK ty

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
yea how do you tell if you have a newer version or not??

wouldtick

Feb 3, 2013
I read on another forum that a factory reset fixed the problem on a garrett at pro. Might be worth a try? Hold the power button down until it beeps. Approximately six seconds. I am not an expert but remember reading this before I bought my at pro.

Lotek

Jan 30, 2013
Bainbridge Island, Wa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give Garrett a call or email them. I just got an AT Pro SN 524xxxxx. I emailed Garrett and they said this unit was made on 12/14/12.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread