I like the things said about the AT Pro, but . . .
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Jun 2010
    Baltimore MD
    AT PRO
    131 times

I like the things said about the AT Pro, but . . .

Hi All,

I'm getting some cash back from the refiner in the next couple of weeks. I've been wanting and planning on an AT Pro since they came out last October. I've read just about every post regarding how much people enjoy using them, as well as the quality control issues they had at the beginning.

But, when I look right here on Treasurenet at "Today's Finds", over and over again you see Minelab and Whites at about 3 to 1, by a rough estimate. Where are the AT Pro finds, or even any Garrett finds? Am I being unfair? Is the "Today's Finds" forum rigged? I'm just putting my observation out there. If you dispute my observation, tell me what you see. If you have an explanation, share it.

C'mon! Show me what I'm going to find with my AT Pro.

us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    1018 times
    tectin crap

Re: I like the things said about the AT Pro, but . . .

batcap, it's a winter release, give it time, give it time. I sense good finds soon. I will post mine in the Garrett forum, or the today's if it's a banner find or something really good. For every pro out there, there are perhaps hundreds of killer classic machines out there, looking for a hit. It's war.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

us
    Sep 2010
    southeast PA
    CTX3030
    71 times

gleaner1 is right, being the AT came out late last fall and alot of people are just getting started due to weather conditions i'm sure the good stuff is on its way soon. i've seen several good posts from several members on the forums with some very nice deep finds from the AT, and alot of these real nice finds where found within the first few hunts with the AT. also there are alot more whites and minelab owners then just AT owners.
    down and dirty

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    696 times
    Metal Detecting

For the $ the AT Pro is one of if not THE best machine out. Very good on gold!

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    what hath god wrought

Feb 2009
    Gateway to the 1000 Islands
    Sometime(s)
    1018 times
    tectin crap

Quote Originally Posted by dogpound
    gleaner1 is right, being the AT came out late last fall and alot of people are just getting started due to weather conditions i'm sure the good stuff is on its way soon. i've seen several good posts from several members on the forums with some very nice deep finds from the AT, and alot of these real nice finds where found within the first few hunts with the AT. also there are alot more whites and minelab owners then just AT owners.
    dogpound, I see you think I'm right. I guess that's alright. But I must warn you, don't agree with me or I'll be forced to hunt you down with my ATPro and run you thru.

Just kidding dogpound! I was possessed by the terrible knight warrior dude that I found last week, a spell was cast. But I cast him off into the garbage bin and I am over it now. I am going to post ATpro silver before the weekend is out.
    Federal Bureau of Governmental Redundancy Reduction Agency

On extended Holiday.

Dec 2008
    72 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Nov 2006
    Whites DFX, Ace 250 Big and Small coils, AT-Pro
    50 times
    Banner Finds (2)

I've been hitting some old sites that I detected with my Ace 250. At some of them I had previously found a lot of coins. I thought that by back tracking some of these sites it would be a good way to get to know my new machine...AT Pro. The results were about what I expected. I missed a few coins (3) at about four different sites that I've been to, I also found a few flat buttons. The coins were at varying depths in trashy zones. What I have learned... The ATP has better coin sensing when objects are in trashy zones, it goes a little bit deeper, and has far fewer false signals. So far I love it... Oh, and also I like the frequency options when there's interference... combined that with ground balance and iron disc discrimination and it is really cool.... By the time the end of May rolls in I'm sure I'll be very happy! HH M.

us
    Jun 2010
    Baltimore MD
    AT PRO
    131 times

us
    Big Boys Hobbies

Jul 2005
    Moore Oklahoma
    Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
    696 times
    Metal Detecting

Thanks diggin!!!!
    Bat if you have any questions or need great pricing call or email me. Lover to help answer any of your questions!

Contact us for fastest and best service around!

We will beat any price or deal. Have questions on a machine?
    Bart@BigBoysHobbies.net or Call or text 405-206-9010
    Minelab Metal Detectors, Whites Metal Detectors, Garrett Metal Detectors, XP Deus, Fisher Metal Detectors, Teknetics Metal Detectors

Minelab Partner of the year award for the USA 2012. Minelab Customer service award 2012 and 2013.

us
    Jun 2007
    Belvidere, IL
    XP Deus
    11 times

(Trying not to highjack by staying on the AT Pro subject.....)

Ya know the question I have is... Will a more expensive machine do a better job?

I can't answer this as I have little experience with other detectors. I have an AT-Pro, and love it.... Beach, surf, old home sites etc..... It can do it all.... The super fast recovery speed is a big plus as well. I did a depth test with mine in my back yard... Put a modern nickel in the bottom of a hole approx. 12" deep...(give or take)... Granted the coin is flat providing a large target but it still picks it up, faintly, but loud enough to hear without headphones.... How about a dime on edge, at around 4-5"... Penny at 9"... no problems....

NOW..... I really.. and I mean REALLY want an Etrac. My question is, will it make a difference? Will it go deeper? I now it's not as fast as the AT... But just wondering if it will go deeper.....

Anyway, I love my AT-Pro, no problems yet, except for a random scrolling when it sits powered on but idle... I think it's due to EMI.. not sure though.
    XP Deus 11"

1876 Seated Dime
    1923 Mercury Dime

us
    Apr 2007
    MESQUITE, TEXAS
    Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
    14 times
    Metal Detecting

Knew that was coming.....

us
    Jun 2010
    Baltimore MD
    AT PRO
    131 times

Quote Originally Posted by bwirth1999
    (Trying not to highjack by staying on the AT Pro subject.....)

Ya know the question I have is... Will a more expensive machine do a better job?

I can't answer this as I have little experience with other detectors. I have an AT-Pro, and love it.... Beach, surf, old home sites etc..... It can do it all.... The super fast recovery speed is a big plus as well. I did a depth test with mine in my back yard... Put a modern nickel in the bottom of a hole approx. 12" deep...(give or take)... Granted the coin is flat providing a large target but it still picks it up, faintly, but loud enough to hear without headphones.... How about a dime on edge, at around 4-5"... Penny at 9"... no problems....

NOW..... I really.. and I mean REALLY want an Etrac. My question is, will it make a difference? Will it go deeper? I now it's not as fast as the AT... But just wondering if it will go deeper.....

Anyway, I love my AT-Pro, no problems yet, except for a random scrolling when it sits powered on but idle... I think it's due to EMI.. not sure though.
    I guess in a broader sense that was my question. "Just how good does a MD have to be to bring up the booty on a regular basis?" That is of course based on my skill.

Being a habitual miser, I have not contributed to Tnet. For a small donation I could have unlocked TNet's search capability and found out for myself. I have other questions; for example, "Has an Ace 250 find ever made Banner?" Don't answer that! Maybe it will inspire someone to contribute. I think I'll look into it myself, after I make a contribution. Then if I can't find the answer I'll ask.

us
    The Past Tells the Future! Let's try not to do it over .

Feb 2011
    Strafford , Missouri
    Minelab Sovereign GT / MineLab X-Terra 705
    17 times

The others are posted 3 to 1 because there are about 3 to 1 users of the other machines . The AT Pro has just hit the market and in users hands , this summer you will see a lot more finds by them.
    A friend of mine has one and he really likes it. And he does and finds just as much as anyone else , even the few who have the high end machines .
    In my opinion it is an excellent detector . And for the money it is a really good buy for what you get .
    Few things I love to do is , Metal Detecting for anything of the past!
    Making Detectors better ! Tuning and finding ways to upgrade Detector hardware , To make them work the Best that is possable !

us
    Jun 2007
    Belvidere, IL
    XP Deus
    11 times

I guess maybe I should have placed the question like this... How come no one has put the higher dollar detectors to a side by side comparison with the AT Pro... I have yet to find anything like this...

I am willing to bet that the At will perform similar to a minelab or whites.. or whatever you would like to compare it to. I would love to see a E-trac AT Pro side by side hunt, or test bed... I am just curious..

XP Deus 11"

1876 Seated Dime
    1923 Mercury Dime

us
    Apr 2007
    MESQUITE, TEXAS
    Whites Spectrum XLT & Classic ID
    14 times
    Metal Detecting

There are a few who have had the DFX, V3i and Etrac,,,,,They sold the first two and kept the Etrac, and the AT PRO is their most go to detector...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links