Sold the Ace 250 and got the AT Pro

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Hi all,

No pics, just a short report . . . I've been out at least a dozen times with my Ace 250 this year. No silver, no jewelry, no "old" coins.

I sold the 250 on Craigslist and bought the AT Pro 3 days ago. Since then I found 2 wheats, a sterling heart pendant, an electroplated ring, a gold-filled ring and an old United Railways student fare token. I also dug a lot of junk that I probably wouldn't have with the 250, because I knew it so well.

I wonder if it was because I was unfamiliar with the ATP that I did as well as I did. I dug lots of iffy signals just to learn the detector.

I also noticed that you really have to have the coil dead centered over the target and practically scrubbing the ground to get an accurate depth. Time after time I read 8" or more on the screen only to find the target 3" or 4" underground. Anyone else?

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
I think you're right....you may be getting more with the AT PRO because you're digging more. I've come full circle with the ACE 250. Left on all metal mode and found tons of trash and some jewelry, then learned to "notch" out and dig less junk (especially pulltabs) and, of course, much less or hardly any jewelry, and now I'm back to digging it all in the jewelry mode and now I'm finding jewelry again and tons of trash again. To be honest.....most of my jewelry was a SURPRISE! I thought it was aluminum junk....."what...another ring?"

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The At is a winner for sure! Keep us posted on your finds!

OP
OP
B

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
sandtrout said:
I think you're right....you may be getting more with the AT PRO because you're digging more. I've come full circle with the ACE 250. Left on all metal mode and found tons of trash and some jewelry, then learned to "notch" out and dig less junk (especially pulltabs) and, of course, much less or hardly any jewelry, and now I'm back to digging it all in the jewelry mode and now I'm finding jewelry again and tons of trash again. To be honest.....most of my jewelry was a SURPRISE! I thought it was aluminum junk....."what...another ring?"

Baltimore city parks are tough to run in All Metal mode. You don't need the sensitivity up much at all before either detector will play a song for you on every sweep. I think the Ace 250 song is "La Cucaracha".

The AT Pro plays The Mexican Hat Dance

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my ACE 250 to a lot where a house burned down and it played the Macarana.

MrPoptop

Jan 3, 2011
Cowlitz County, Washington
Detector(s) used
2 AT Pros and a BH Tracker 4
Time after time I read 8" or more on the screen only to find the target 3" or 4" underground. Anyone else?
I find this true in highly minerallised ground that I have here on small targets, like a dime...
Yet in Pro mode I have found a flat dime at over 10" below trash in the same mineralised ground.
Beats me but I like the AT Pro.
I wouldn't say I was bias.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread