• 205778_1914144729646_1122775560_32251976_7468183_s.jpg
    205778_1914144729646_1122775560_32251976_7468183_s.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 2,423

Kayaker

Dec 27, 2010
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
I've had mine two weeks and have had no problems at all. No falsing, EVER. Pinpoints perfectly. I didn't pay $600 for it... but would have. It seems to be a fine machine. I can't say I've found anything extremely valuable yet, but that's my inexperience, not the equipment. I got a nice little silver (I think) kid's ring and dug some pretty deep wheaties with it, first time out.

What's the serial number on yours? Seems serial numbers starting with 505 or lower were the ones with coil "issues". Mine is 511xxxx.
Early QA issues? Yes... Best machine ever? Probably not... Junk? Definitely not, in my opinion.

neuseman

Mar 11, 2011
Beaufort NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Omega 8000
Zincmaster, How long have you been using your AT-PRO? It may take a little time to get use to this machine! I have an ACE-250 and it took me a little while to get use to it and im still learning something new everyday I use it!

OP
OP
zincmaster

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw 2 and at pro
MY NUMBERS START 5111XXXX. the place i bought it from wants me to send it back to the manufacturer but i should not have to eat that cost because they sold me junk.

OP
OP
zincmaster

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
neuseman said:
Zincmaster, How long have you been using your AT-PRO? It may take a little time to get use to this machine! I have an ACE-250 and it took me a little while to get use to it and im still learning something new everyday I use it!
( when i pinpoint and it says its in the middle of the plug , i dig and it ends up being 3 or four inches in front of the plug, and it also hits of the sides of the coil instead of the middle bar like its supposed too. and it falses alot. and for $594 bucks i should not have those problems. nor do i believe i should have to pay to ship it back so they can correct it. im just glad i got a bounty hunter so i can actually find stuff. its rediculous that they would sell something that is so out of whack then expect you to be happy with junk. the place i bought it from hasnt even returned my call yet because they have to talk to a manager.)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry ! I Felt your post is More appropriate here.

Also Sorry You Feel this way, But I Have to admit
I Thought the same about another
($1500.00) Brand detector I Am using Right now.

Hopefully You just need some More Time & Learning also !

Jeff

neuseman

Mar 11, 2011
Beaufort NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Omega 8000
If your machine is not right you must send it back to Garrett! 600 buck is too much money to just sit in a closet! Send it in a get the problems fixed and try your machine again and if you still dont like it, sell it. There are a lot of people that have had good sucess with the AT-PRO! Get your machine fixed and the odds are you will have good sucess too! HH!

Kayaker

Dec 27, 2010
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro and Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Any chance the coil connection, at the box, is not seated the whole way? I had a heck of a time getting that o-ring to go into the socket without pinching it. I've read of folks having problems due to the o-ring getting hung up and they didn't/couldn't screw in the connector the whole way.

charlie8137

Feb 8, 2009
Barboursville
Detector(s) used
GTI-1500
If you don't like it and want to get rid of it.....I might be interested if the price it right. After all, it doesn't work correctly.

ultraflight77

Dec 24, 2010
South bend,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Compadre
If you call Garrett and request a call tag,they will Email you a prepaid shipping lable to send the control box and coil to them.Thats what I did when mine was acting up,they won't offer it you have to ask them(be nice though ;D). Pinpointing a DD coil is different than a concentric,read up on the technique.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you are having trouble. I've had mine for 3 weeks and it is amazing. I cant stop smiling and I'm not even going to tell you what all I've found. I can run 7 bars sens and it is quiet as a mouse. It air tests a quarter at 12 inches and a 5 gram gold ring at 14.

cyerby

Greenie
Dec 3, 2010
kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try the heel/toe method of pinpointing? In fact, did you even practice pinpointing before you went out? I fiund it pinpoints dead on..no problems.

OP
OP
zincmaster

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
ive tried it all, its even hitting off of the sides of the coil, im pretty sure that its only supposed to hit on the center bar. called garrett got a real nice guy on the phone explained it to him , its getting sent in tomorrow ,and he said ill have it back in a week.

to lookindown: i have seen the finds you have made with your at pro, and im jealous, you are kickin a$$ with ur detector :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:. i only hope they can solve the problem and get it back to me working properly a appreciate all the input tho and i hope you find great things in your future.

as for the guy wanting to buy it, ill sell it for $594 you pick up :tongue3: after all i bought it in this condition . wouldnt want me to take a loss would ya :dontknow: lol jk i bought it because i seen all the good reviews and alot of cool finds from others with the at. ill post again when i get it back from garrett and let you know what they say. HH all :headbang:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you get it back I think you will be pleased. Good luck and keep us updated.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
lookindown said:
Sorry you are having trouble. I've had mine for 3 weeks and it is amazing. I cant stop smiling and I'm not even going to tell you what all I've found. I can run 7 bars sens and it is quiet as a mouse. It air tests a quarter at 12 inches and a 5 gram gold ring at 14.

What lookindown said.

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
Pinpointing is very accurate and fast with the At Pro. Bear in mind that the DD coil pinpoints different than a concentric coil does. I would suggest looking the At Pro basics videos for some pointers.

Good Luck

Jerry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions