AT Pro test for Daytona Beach

flbowhunter

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2008
Nature Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, AT PRO, Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre
Hey all, been a while since posting. Just got back from 1 of our many trips a year over to Daytona Beach. I just bought an At pro and brought that along with my excal to due some searching. Bad news, no gold this time, but found several dollars in clad and the usual can slaw, tabs and foil. AT pro did great, better than I thought for a single frequency machine. Ground balance in the wet salt sand and in the water was a solid 12 every time. I ran it in pro mode sensitivity full blast, minimal to 0 falsing or chatter. I tried iron disc at 30-35 in pro mode also, iron audio on and off too. Still getting to know the machine so I tried different settings. Only time it would false is when I hit the coil on the sand pretty good. Coil just above the sand, ran great. Found several targets, ones that had an iron tone I dug to confirm and thats what it was every time. Several coins were at least at the 5-6" depth. Also while ground balancing automatically it would hit 12 and I would manually adjust it down to test the response, it liked 12 and that was it. Tried different sens. adjustments and ran fine from 1 bar to full bars. Ran into an oldtimer using an at pro also, said he didn't like pro mode to many noises, ran his in normal mode with tabs and foil notched out. I told him to notch them back in or he will miss the gold, showed him and he thanked me, said he dug just the belltone sounds, not good unless all you want is clad. Anyway sorry to be long winded but that is my unofficial report for FL east coast beach. Have yet to try it on my Gulf side yet, results should be almost identical. Back to you all later.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't got to hunt my ATPro at all but I enjoy posts such as yours. Sounds like the average Joe rather than some yeasayer for Garrett. I have had a bit of bad health that has kept me from getting out but I do go out and play with my ATPro with various coins, metal what nots and such just to see what everything sounds like. I am use to the bell tone, but switch over to the pro mode just to see the difference in the sounds at various settings. I have learned a lot by my simple exercise out in the front yard on pretty days. So when I get my back fixed I will be ready to go. Thanks for posting. Monty

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty hurry and get well but don't strain yourself. Its all about the fun. My days are getting better and soon I will be playing in the sand too. Have a Happy Easter....

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great post FLBowhunter! He didn't like the Pro Mode?? I love it!!

OP
OP
flbowhunter

flbowhunter

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2008
Nature Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Monty, hope you get better soon!! I'll try to post more often, kids, work, life get in the way. I'll also get some of my finds on here one day soon. Take care God bless, Happy Easter to everyone, I know my kids are anxious for the big bunny to show up in the morning.

Terrafisher

Nov 2, 2008
Spring, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Monty, try yourself one of those bungee harnesses. I have severe lower back and neck problems, and with this harness, I can swing my AT for hours with minimal discomfort (yes, I still hurt and feel discomfort, but the weight is no longer pulling on my arm, neck, and shoulder). Before I got it, I was having to switch arms every 3 to 4 minutes, and still hurting like heck. I went to a club hunt I really wanted to attend, and had to leave after only a couple of hours because the pain was so bad.

The guy custom builds them to your dimensions. I was seriously close to crying a couple of times while hunting from the weight of my detector, even the light AT-Pro. This thing makes a difference, and has allowed me to enjoy swinging my detectors again.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Roys-Metal-De...40537914315?pt=UK_Gadgets&hash=item20b8b663cb

If you don't like it, he offers a money back guarantee too.

Hope you feel better soon!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I apreciate all the support and wishes for my return to good health. I fell and broke my back in 1996 and had extensive surgery with a huge metal appliance implanted. Now the doctor that did the original surgery thinks the metal has started to fail from simple metal fatigue and probably will be redoing my surgery soon. I have checked around and this is not an unusual occurance it seems. It lasted 15 years and that was about the life expectancy of any implanted metal appliance it seems. It is a big surgery and takes about six weeks to be back on my feet and able to bend and stoop to metal detect...Bummer, but at least I will be able to walk without these darn crutches and hopefully alleviate the terrible pain I have endudred for the past year. I will know for sure what he is going to do Thursday when I go back to go over the tests he has run. (MRI, Bone scan, mileogram, and a thousand Xrays). I will get back and let everyone know what the outcome is so cross your fingers for me. Monty

OP
OP
flbowhunter

flbowhunter

Tenderfoot
Oct 13, 2008
Nature Coast, FL
Detector(s) used
Our prayers are with you Monty to make a full and speedy recovery. Take it easy and listen to the Doc! God Bless.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I think the docs are all nuts! Just got word from my neurologist that he thinks it is some rare kind of arthritis. He is referring me to a rheumatologist. I looked up the arthritis he told me about and I don't have hardly any of those symptoms, so I think he is stumped and just passing me along like the other two so called speciallists I have been to. This has been going on for over a year and I am just about ready to pull my hair out in disgust. Well, that is if I had enough hair to pull out! Oh well............... Sorry for swiping your post, I'll continue this saga elsewhere. M ::) nty

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Sandman or Monty,

Do you know how to get a list of authorized dealers in USA from Garrett?

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your talking to one right here. lol Go to Garrett's site and click the find a dealer tab.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread