First two rings with AT-Pro

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I had an opportunity to go out detecting with the AT-Pro at a local site after a festival. I’m not sure if anyone has seriously hunted this site in the past, but as long as I can stay in good with the land owner and they’ll let me continue, I’ll keep going back, I’ve only just started scratching the surface! Needless to say, there’s enough can pull tabs and aluminum foil to frustrate even the most devoted hunter, but if you don’t clean them out , you won’t find the gold. After 5 hours or so, I came away with $7.10 in clad and two rings. Some of the clad was recently dropped and was in the matted down grass. Most of the rest was close enough to the surface to pinpoint with the ProPointer and pop out with a screwdriver. The two rings were both down a couple of inches and required digging. The ring with the emerald cut stone is clearly marked 925 (silver), I don’t imagine the stone is a diamond, but I’ll get it checked. The other ring has no marking and really looks like costume jewelry, but it is heavy and was not tarnished or corroded. At the end of the day, a hunting buddy who was there with me, was on the far side of the site found a couple of pieces of harmonica reed and a flat button from the early 1800’s. So, we may have a site with some history as well.

Attachments

• clad & rings.jpg
    clad & rings.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 263

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rings are always a fun find! Great loot!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the nice site & finds.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions