First Quarter Score Of 2011 Finds! It Looks Like The Garret Team Is A Winner

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
coinsfirstquarter.jpg

Been a slow start as I had a prostatectomy at the end of November, and I used metal detecting to help get my strength back with the direction and suggestion of my surgeon. I work in a rehab unit for a living, so I know the importance of getting on your feet ASAP after surgery for faster healing and less complications.

So, here are my coin totals for the first quarter of 2011, January 1st to the end of April inclusive. The results are pretty well self explanatory. Just a note with regards to Canadian coins...the AT pro like them. I have found lots of nickels, dimes, quarters and 5 silver coins. The silver coins of course are the easiest to find. Any VDI reading in the 70's to high 80's should be dug as a probable coin or ring.

As far as the rings go, the AT Pro bangs hard on rings just like the Scorpion does. When you get a ring under the coil, and it's determined that it is not a large target, it too needs to be dug. Below are the rings I have found on land/snow so far this year. Soon it will be time to put the AT Pro in the water, and I have no doubt that it will be another winner!

Attachments

• 2011 rings.jpg
    2011 rings.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 236

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Things are looking good there John. I agree with the statement about the AT-Pro banging hard on rings. The two I found on Sunday about blew my ears off. I'm ready to try my luck in the water...

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it too early in the season to start hating you again? :D :icon_thumleft:

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois