garrett id #s

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw 2 and at pro
just o you know, i havnt found any gold or silver, but a friend of mine lost a gold & diamond earring (white gold). well he had a matching earring , so i got out mt AT pro ,when i ran the coil over it to see the vid numbers it was all over the place between 29 and 39. is that a low number for gold or did he just have some junk. didnt find the earring but now im gonna have to dig low numbers too lol. just wanted to point out the low numbers, and in not sure what karat the gold was either :dontknow: hh

zinc.

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The low numbers are pretty normal for small gold earings. If the signal is weak then getting a TID Lock On will be difficult. if the item has been Rhodium plated over the gold, that could also cause the numbers could jump about a bit..

Just my opinion.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White gold is lower in conductivity than yellow gold. It depends on what other metals is is alloyed with. White is usually alloyed with nickel but not always. The shape of the item and its surface also have a factor in how it reads.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 4 gram 14k cross that read 42. I found a 5.6 gram 14k ring that read 63. In air tests, gold reads between 38 and 65 for me. With gold items that weigh the same, rings will read higher than a charm or pendant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread