The Garrett Guys Had A Magnificent Day Today.....Check It Out (long)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
aintgettingany.jpg

Met my buddy at MacDonald's and had s short discussion on where to go hunting today. It was his call, and a good call he made. Here's my junk.....just a reminder that we all dig lots of it. It's the price we pay for getting great finds!

allthegoodstuff.jpg

Here's the good stuff. A lot of old, interesting items came out of the ground today. Eight hours of hunting....what a joy. :)

silvercoins.jpg

The silver gods blessed me with some nice silver coins. Also pulled out an RCMP quarter, which don't show up very often.

watchhalmarks.jpg

And speaking of silver, this pocket watch backing showed up at about 7 inches. It has some interesting hallmark stamps on it. I have no idea on it's date, but perhaps some of those hallmarks might yield some clues....

ringpipeolds.jpg

Man...another ring. This machine barks loud when a ring gets underneath that coil. Mmmmmm, I wonder what what goes into that odd looking pipe?

broachultrasoundmagic.jpg

Here's a nice old vintage broach. I put it in my ultrasonic cleaner to get rid of all the dirt and oxides embedded in the broach. A before and after shot for comparisons.

princesspat.jpg

Here's a cute little treasure I dug up. It was only a couple of inches [/left] down and read in the high 70's on the VDI. Here's a link for more info on PRINCESS PAT products. http://retroways.blogspot.com/2009/05/princess-pat-cosmetics.html

gtistuff.jpg

Here's my buddy's take less the junk from today. He tried very hard to get some silver....but not today. He did manage to find one of those "MERRY WIDOWS" condom containers which date back close to the turn of the century. And, we both scored a ring today.

It just doesn't get any better then it did today!​

Attachments

• zzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    zzzzzzzzzzz.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 261

jjg70

Dec 12, 2010
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250. Garrett AT Pro
You guys had a great day digging. That's quite the advertising slogan" merry widows"

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
The watch back looks like Sterling(lion), made in Chester, England(shield with sword in middle).
I can't see the maker's mark well enough to have an opinion as to who made it. Likewise with the date mark. It could be:
1892, 1827, 1805, or 1709. Or possibly newer than 1925 as I didn't see any new date codes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread