How do you clean your Garrett pin pointer?

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You just put your thumb over the lil speaker and wash it under the tap. It's only the speaker that's not waterproof. :icon_thumright:

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I put my thumb over the speaker and clean it under the running tap with a toothbrush in warm water.
I have actually gotten my speaker wet on more than one occasion and now the volume is only about 30% as loud as it used to be. I prefer the muted volume and it has not affected the performance of the pin-pointer.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I Just spray the Speakerless side with
a Multi Purpose spray Cleaner, (Generic Formula 409
Orange power)
while my Thumb is over the speaker hole
& Wipe it off with a Cloth.

windex would do too.

Or wipes if you wanna be more carefull

images.jpg

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
as soon as i bought mine i put a piece of electrical tape over the speaker hole, this keeps dirt/mud and moisture out and also quiets it down some for those public areas, also makes it easier to clean without worry

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll wipe it off first with an old towel and then use a wet-wipe to finish it off.

Pull_tab_mike

Nov 20, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Whites CoinMaster
I figured this one out the hard way.................. but called Garrett they told me what to do to fix it, works like a charm

HH

PTM

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pull_tab_mike said:
I figured this one out the hard way.................. but called Garrett they told me what to do to fix it, works like a charm

HH

PTM

What am I Missing Mike ?

Garrett told you What what to do, to fix what ?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Pull_tab_mike said:

HH

PTM
I have no idea what this means.. ??? ???.... Fill in the blanks for us........

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
First I scrape any lumpy crud offit then I dust off tha lighter stuff, then stick me fingers ova tha holes aaaannn theeen I wash it unda a tap an then I Put me left foot in and then me left foot out, do tha Hokey pokey an I shake it all about an that's how I gets her clean :tongue3: :hello2:

underarock

Mar 27, 2011
Southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CZ-70
Primary Interest:
Other
dogpound said:
as soon as i bought mine i put a piece of electrical tape over the speaker hole, this keeps dirt/mud and moisture out and also quiets it down some for those public areas, also makes it easier to clean without worry

Good tip thanks. I'll use reflective tape i think.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The first thing I did was put electrical tape over the speaker.

I'm not sure I ever washed it though... might have wiped it off with the cleaning wipes once.

treasure diver

Mar 17, 2006
eastern KY.
I put a piece of clear shipping tape over the speaker hole, it's thin & don't tone it down very much. I also put some reflector tape on it so if I do forget it I can go back at night with a flashlight & find it. But to keep from losing it in the first place I put a plastic tie wrap around it & another one through it to make a loop & then hook it to a key chain retractor.

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since I totally ruined one and took it to their shop in Garland, I have one thing to add to the suggestions. It seems that water can also get in around the button you push to turn it on. After they were nice enough to give me a "one time" replacement, I put duck tape over both the speaker and the button. I may go buy some silicone to do a better job of waterproofing it.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Clean it ??? Not yet, That just tells you how tough it is!!! Guess i forgot about that Part !!!! It is still Working Great If I wash it I will Follow the Cover the Speaker Advise and Make sure the End Cap Is Tight !! HH chug

I used It in the Dirt, Mud, Sand, wet or dry and Have Never had a Problem that Changing the Battery Has Not Solved!!! HH Chug During the Fall when it was raining I did Make sure to Clean the dirt out of the Speaker With a Tooth pick Carefully!!!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Damn, I just though about it This Great Tool Has Passed the Chug abuse Test!!! ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread