Is the pro-pointer really necessary?

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Garrett Pro-pointer has been so much of an improvement for my detecting that I'm actually considering selling my inline probe. Now that I have the Pro-pointer, the inline probe just doesn't get much use. And when you're swinging the coil all day long, that extra little bit of weight of the inline can make a difference.

I never thought I could do without the inline, but I'm sure thinking about it now. GREAT JOB, GARRETT!!!

Phillip

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, we ought to give Garrett a "Golden Propointer Award" or something! :icon_thumleft:

teverly

Mar 4, 2007
central ohio
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC x 2 xp deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have the x1 on my etrac,and i bought the pro pointer to carry as a back up..i think it works great.....

Digger

Mar 24, 2003
Dodge City Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, E-Trac, Makro Racer 2, DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I traded my Sunray in-line probe for my F75 for a Garrett Pro Pointer. No comparison in my opinion. The Pro Pointer wins hands down.

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
To me the Garrett "Pro Pinpointer" is kind of like breathing, its only good if you want to live. The pinpointer saves so much time in recovery, my eyes are not as good as they once were and so many targets are the same color as the soil around them. The pinpointer directs me to my target with so much ease (to use a common phrase) "I won't leave home without it" Detecting has become so much easier since I bought the Garrett Pro Pinpointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions