Okay...okay...you all were right about the sniper coil...

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
even though I've had mine for way over a year I only used it once and WASN'T impressed. The standard coil has been great for all the areas I've hunted but then I went to a park that was incredibly trashy...I couldn't swing the coil or move in any direction without multiple hits. Went back to my vehicle and pulled out that UNUSED coil (was getting ready to sell it) and everything settled down. 46 coins in 2 hours. It reads about the same as the standard coil with some minor differences and easily goes 6 inches though most of my coins were 4" or less. 4 quarters, 9 dimes, 5 nickels, and the rest was zinc pennies. I've changed my mind....I'm keeping the coil!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What detector are you swinging?

OP
OP
S

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
ACE 250....and re-tried out the sniper coil after a year of it just sitting in my bag. I also use a Vaquero but only with the stock coil. With the ACE, I literally couldn't hunt and only tried the coil in desperation and had NEVER been at a park so loaded with trash. It made a HUGE difference. The stock coil has always worked just fine until now. Glad I kept the coil.

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
I have had the same experience, the smaller coil works great for me also, I have two 250's and use the smaller coil on both of them. Why two? because it is such a good detector I was afraid they would stop making it and I want one for one of my grandchildren. Garrett may have made a huge marketing mistake with the 250, it is without doubt the best detector for the price on the market, its great and rare to get something worth more than you paid for it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions