lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI2500, Minelab Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Problems with the AT Pro Water hunting

Let me start by saying I love my at pro, have dry and water hunted it at least 60-70 times so far in the last 4 months. Tonight while water hunting it shuts off completely no power. I change the batteries no dice. I check the connections everything is fine. I take it to the truck grab a 2500 and hunt dry ground and hour later I come back and it powers on now. Reset it and try water hunting again 5 mins it does the same thing. Sending it back to garrett for warranty work tommorow. Anyone had anything like this happen to theirs yet. Its a great machine but this sorta worries me about water hunting with it was in about 3-4' of water this is the first time with any problems with it. This is the newer version of the at pro with the high serial numbers.

SpringTxDigger

Dec 28, 2008
Katy Tx
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Problems with the AT Pro Water hunting

Did you get your AT back from repair? Have you had a chance to try it again?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I haven't had this happen to me yet. Have you gotten yours back yet?

OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Just got it back Thursday. It was a leak which caused a circuit board failure. Tried it at the beach Saturday seems more sensitive on foil then before but the sounds, sound different then before in pro mode. Seems to be working just fine. I was finding all kinds of small foil pieces in the 40-41 range and some deep coins and bottle caps. Have not tried it in the water yet. Got some junk jewlery in the 45-52 range on Saturday. A hospital visit to the er cut my trip short. (kidney stones >:()

Slugrusher

Sounds as though there is still a leak. Once water hits the board it "shorts" it. Then once the water evaporates, it powers up again.

Send it back with a good explanation letter. Garrett will take care of you.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I wish people would read threads before posting...

Anyway, I should probably submerge mine a few times before the warranty runs out. I still have well over a year but I should def do it to check for leaks. I've heard this complaint a few times and it scares me

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lonelyduckhunter said:
Just got it back Thursday. It was a leak which caused a circuit board failure. Tried it at the beach Saturday seems more sensitive on foil then before but the sounds, sound different then before in pro mode. Seems to be working just fine. I was finding all kinds of small foil pieces in the 40-41 range and some deep coins and bottle caps. Have not tried it in the water yet. Got some junk jewlery in the 45-52 range on Saturday. A hospital visit to the er cut my trip short. (kidney stones >:()
mine did the same thing. I was able to get mine to fire back up and before the day was up it the lcd screen had water behind it. :-\. It was fixed but now the pin point has failed and its on its way back to TX.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Did Garrett say they did something so it wont leak again? I think AT pro owners are in trouble until they redesign something. :dontknow:

OP
OP
lonelyduckhunter

lonelyduckhunter

May 5, 2009
Easton, MD
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sent it back for a second time 2 weeks ago still acting weird and not sounding off on shallow targets. They sent me a brand new one with the upgrades it came today. Hopefully this one doesn't leak

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lonelyduckhunter said:
Sent it back for a second time 2 weeks ago still acting weird and not sounding off on shallow targets. They sent me a brand new one with the upgrades it came today. Hopefully this one doesn't leak
Good luck. keep us posted.

candig

Oct 8, 2007
North Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Got my AT Pro this evening, heading for the beach this weekend. Hope you have better luck with your new one and I hope mine doesn't give me any trouble. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions