AT PRO 4.5 super sniper coil (first silver coin 7.20.11)

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Today I went to my local park to see if anything was left over from the weekend BBQ'ers...I decided to final try out my SS coil under the trees where there's a sea of bottle caps and junk..I set the MT at Pro zero and started to work the trashed out spots under the tree's..Over all I was there for 1hr and a half and walk away with almost a buck in clad and my deepest coin was a dime at 4''..I really like this coil for what it has to offer is these type of area's and conditions where my 8x11'' dd coil had problems...For the next few days with more time with super spinper coil I will have a full report and find pics..

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: AT PRO 4.5 super sniper coil 1st.test at the park 7.5.2011

Trashy areas often overwhelm large coils, especially on detectors that have a slower recovery time. Sniper coils are a real blessing under those circumstances.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

those small coils work wonders in trashy places, wish i didn't trade mine.

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

X2 as of today Smudge!

I'm sold on the super sniper for TRASHY area's!!!I went today for 3 hr's and had my best day to date on clad..Looks like the sniper coil will be on the AT Pro for some time..I was pulling coins left and right in the trashy areas...I'll let the pic speak for itself..19Q.-31D.-5N. AND 52pennys with one wheatie from 1958d total coinage for the little sniper was $8.62.

P1050962.jpg

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: AT PRO 4.5 super sniper coil 2nd.test at the park 7.6.2011

See, that's what I'm talking about! :icon_thumleft:

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've been thinking about buying this coil. Good hunt and thanks for the report :thumbsup:

OP
OP
rob.s

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

I went to my local park for a few hr's in the early am to beat the heat..I've been hitting the trees with my AT Pro with the super sniper coil on it and found my first silver coin with a MD :headbang:..I was sweeping a good size bare spot under the tree's where there's ton's of pull tabs and screw caps...I was ready to pack it up and got a few signals in one spot and said to myself here's another screw cap let's dig it :laughing7:..After a 3.5'' dig and to my surprise it was some kind of silver coin and 1'' away was a bullet..I know this park has been pick thru many of times over the years..I would've never found this merc without the super sniper coil on it..I can't wait to go tomorrow in the same area and maybe someone skip another silver :laughing7:
P1060004.jpg

P1060006.jpg

P1060009.jpg

rpl782002

Greenie
May 2, 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Def. considering one of these coils. Thanks for posting and look fwd to more reviews/thoughts on this little coil.

Chad1978

Dec 27, 2014
Orlando, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have a phrase to summarize the super sniper 4.5 inch coil... PAYS FOR ITSELF quickly! I literally purchased this sniper coil 2 days ago after seeing my buddy use it. Today I went back to a local park with lots of trash and researched the area...I found a silver ring from the 1950's as well as a silver 2 coin commemorative set from the Olympics (still in the case - albeit rusted one). Also found some clad coins. All items were found in less than 6 inches, but honestly, the lack of depth (no more than 6 inches) doesn't matter if you are able to find good objects that you missed before due to the larger coils getting confused. this coil also allows you to search fence lines and around trees easily.

Attachments

• silver coins and ring.jpg
    silver coins and ring.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 169
Last edited:

rick67

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2014
Smithtown NY
Detector(s) used
XP, Whites, Garrett,
Lesche, T-Rex, RTG.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rob all I see is pictures of cats where your photo's should be. Screenshot_2016-10-28-05-20-07.png

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions