ATTENTION AT PRO USERS - PLEASE READ - REGARDING UPGRADE INFORMATION - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
    4745 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: ATTENTION AT PRO USERS - PLEASE READ - REGARDING UPGRADE INFORMATION

Quote Originally Posted by Smudge
    You know, I watched the excitement (maybe "hype" isn't too strong a word) relating to the AT Pro prior to and just after its release.

I know Garrett sold a ton of these machines right off the bat. But I think we also know that the first generation of any detector can be riddled with problems, especially when it seems to come straight from the drawing board like the AT Pro did.

I think that's what we're seeing here: the first generation problems that are leading to a world of headaches for everyone. Personally, I don't think the first generation of owners ought to be paying $40 to fix the problems, but in the real world of business, I guess that's just the way it is. I only hope Garrett isn't going to end up with a PR disaster on its hands over this.

Maybe the lesson for all of us in this is to be careful when buying the first generation of any detector. Maybe the AT Pro 2.0 is the one to buy.

Sorry if I come across as preachy. Don't mean to. I just know how mad I'd be if I plunked down $600 for a detector that required multiple returns for multiple problems.

And I know there are those folks have one and absolutely love it. Not a problem in the world.

Garrett's a good company and they've got a really loyal fan base. I hate to see this happening.

Hope this gets worked out soon for everyone's sake.
    I wanted to get one when they first came out, but I held off to see if there was going to be any problems. Once the falsing issues were fixed I jumped in and bought one, now Im caught up in the leaking issues. I love the AT pro, Garrett will get this right.

us
    Wanderer

Jan 2011
    S.E Michigan
    Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
    21 times

You know, I watched the excitement (maybe "hype" isn't too strong a word) relating to the AT Pro prior to and just after its release.

I know Garrett sold a ton of these machines right off the bat. But I think we also know that the first generation of any detector can be riddled with problems, especially when it seems to come straight from the drawing board like the AT Pro did.

I think that's what we're seeing here: the first generation problems that are leading to a world of headaches for everyone. Personally, I don't think the first generation of owners ought to be paying $40 to fix the problems, but in the real world of business, I guess that's just the way it is. I only hope Garrett isn't going to end up with a PR disaster on its hands over this.

Maybe the lesson for all of us in this is to be careful when buying the first generation of any detector. Maybe the AT Pro 2.0 is the one to buy.

Sorry if I come across as preachy. Don't mean to. I just know how mad I'd be if I plunked down $600 for a detector that required multiple returns for multiple problems.

And I know there are those folks have one and absolutely love it. Not a problem in the world.

Garrett's a good company and they've got a really loyal fan base. I hate to see this happening.

YES, GETTING EXTREMELY AGITATED WITH THE AT PRO!

$600.00 FOR DETECTOR
    $100.00 SUBMERGIBLE HEADPHONES
    $18.00 SHIPPING + INSURANCE TO SEND BACK TO TEXAS DUE TO LEAK PROBLEM.
    2 WEEKS WITHOUT DETECTOR.
    ANOTHER $18.00 SHIPPING + INSURANCE FOR FAULTY PIN POINT FUNCTION.
    WAITING RETURN.........
    Wishing I would have saved a lil more for an e-cal.
    Sorry to whine......

I think if you have to return the product due to a defect, the units warranty should reset upon arrival of the new or repaired detector. I am extremely worried that the same problems are going to return time after time and the warranty is just going to expire. agggh.

Charter Member
    us
    IT COULD BE A VALUABLE PRIZE "YOU NEVER KNOW"

Nov 2006
    N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
    ** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
    2685 times
    ANY TYPE OF TREASURE HUNTING THAT PUTS MONEY IN MY POCKET

Quote Originally Posted by xmarks73

YES, GETTING EXTREMELY AGITATED WITH THE AT PRO!

$600.00 FOR DETECTOR
    $100.00 SUBMERGIBLE HEADPHONES
    $18.00 SHIPPING + INSURANCE TO SEND BACK TO TEXAS DUE TO LEAK PROBLEM.
    2 WEEKS WITHOUT DETECTOR.
    ANOTHER $18.00 SHIPPING + INSURANCE FOR FAULTY PIN POINT FUNCTION.
    WAITING RETURN.........
    Wishing I would have saved a lil more for an e-cal.
    Sorry to whine......

I think if you have to return the product due to a defect, the units warranty should reset upon arrival of the new or repaired detector. I am extremely worried that the same problems are going to return time after time and the warranty is just going to expire. agggh.
    That is what i am worred about just one problem after another it never ends......
    ".. Let no one know what , when , or where ..'

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    4745 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

JohnEdmonton have you heard anything about what Garrett is doing to fix the leaking issue with the AT pro?

us
    Mar 2010
    Florida
    4745 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

My AT pro is on the way to Garrett, the technician guaranteed me it would not leak again. That's what I wanted to hear. I also sent the money for upgrade package.

us
    Dec 2010
    kansas

I have been enjoying the AT PRO so much lately I have gotten way behind on my projects at home. I have spent the last couple of weeks building a storage shed, so I figured this would be a good time to send in the AT PRO for the upgrades. I got it back yesterday. I really like the cam locks. I can't tell for sure, but I think I got a different coil. Now for the question....there was a little metal clip in a plastic bag attached to the stem. What is that for?

us
    Apr 2010
    NC
    Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
    68 times
    Relic Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by cyerby
    I Now for the question....there was a little metal clip in a plastic bag attached to the stem. What is that for?
    The clip is probably for the attachment of the headphone adapter pigtail that Garrett is selling. Some folks have been getting them with their upgrades, some haven't. I didn't, but the clip comes with the adapter I believe if you plan on buying it.
    Dwight S
    Anyone up for some Dirt Fishin?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links