oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just got mine, and knowing how l am always leaving things behind and having parted with a few pounds (they are quite expensive) . This is my answer to keeping it!!
take the battery cap off and fix a loop of some kind.
attach it to a cheap extending Key ring.(mine cost 0.99p) which has a belt fixing loop.
Screw battery cap back. Job done.
if you forget to pick it up after recovering your find, it follows you. so you can't loose it.
Make sure that you don't have the loop inside the battery cover proud as it will foul the battery end as you screw it back. Good luck . John.

Attachments

• garrett 011.jpg
    garrett 011.jpg
    213.9 KB · Views: 520
  • garrett 010.jpg
    garrett 010.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 342
  • garrett 012.jpg
    garrett 012.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 314

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw 2 and at pro
so now its not water proof? id put some silicone over those holes if i were you, good idea tho. :hello2:

digging41

Sep 7, 2008
I mounted mine on the shaft of my detector , I always know its there as it can be seen when I swing.When I lay my detector down to dig it is right where i need it. Works for me and I do not have to fiddle with it being in a tool belt.

Digging41

Attachments

• DSC01120.JPG
    DSC01120.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 240
  • DSC01121.JPG
    DSC01121.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 248

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digging41 said:
I mounted mine on the shaft of my detector , I always know its there as it can be seen when I swing.When I lay my detector down to dig it is right where i need it. Works for me and I do not have to fiddle with it being in a tool belt.

Digging41
That's the best idea Ive seen yet, you don't have to worry about losing it, and its right where you need it. :icon_thumleft:

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
digging41 said:

Digging41

The ProPointer is waterproof if you cover the speaker hole. I personally wouldn't put a hole in the cap. I usually hold the ProPointer and digger in the "other" hand. When I kneel, (bend, stoop, crouch etc) they're ready to go. If I was going to mount my pointer to the detector, I'd do it between the control box and elbow cup. That would help balance the coil.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A clever idea.... but as stated...so much for the waterproofing.

BTW.... I've noticed alot of folks worried about the speaker getting wet. If you read the manual you will find the info regarding its proofing. It survives high pressure water jet testing. It has a membrane over the speaker. I wash mine under water all the time...dunk it..whatever. If you google the waterproofing rating you can see details. The pro pointer is not rated for submersion for 30 minutes.

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
digging41 said:

Digging41

I thought about doing that too but I didn't want to add anymore weight to the machine.

Personally, I've always carried mine in my other hand. Never holstered it once.

OP
OP
oldsoapy

oldsoapy

May 28, 2007
uk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garret ads 1. plus T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, l take every ones point about the waterproofing, and have since put some sealant in place, Happy Hunting All!! John.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread