Used my AtPro at the beach for the 1st time..

ATPRoDon

Nov 26, 2007
Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay so I was at Daytona Beach and decided to try my AtPro on the beach. It ground balanced at around 11 either in wet or dry sand and I had sensitivity down three bars which seemed to kill the chatter. I immediately hit clad dime at 81 ???in the dry sand and then hit another clad dime at 81 in the wet sand. I then hit a zinc clad penny at 71 in the dry sand. I was amazed at how corroded the penny was for being so new.

Now here is my question. I was in Pro Mode at Zero and for the most part this beach is very clean, but one time I got a faint sound with no ID number and no depth but the sound was repeatable, should I have dug it up? Why does it do that?

Cheers,

AtProDon

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
ATPRoDon said:
Okay so I was at Daytona Beach and decided to try my AtPro on the beach. It ground balanced at around 11 either in wet or dry sand and I had sensitivity down three bars which seemed to kill the chatter. I immediately hit clad dime at 81 ???in the dry sand and then hit another clad dime at 81 in the wet sand. I then hit a zinc clad penny at 71 in the dry sand. I was amazed at how corroded the penny was for being so new.

Now here is my question. I was in Pro Mode at Zero and for the most part this beach is very clean, but one time I got a faint sound with no ID number and no depth but the sound was repeatable, should I have dug it up? Why does it do that?

Cheers,

AtProDon
Well i never had that happen to me................... But if i did i would have dug it up ........... For then i would know was it a good find or just some junk....... Now you will never know..............

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw 2 and at pro
i was using my at pro at a park the other day, got a solid 81 signal strong as could be, dug the target nothing :dontknow: ran the at over it again, quiet as a mouse :dontknow: nothing at all,wonder why it does that? :icon_scratch:

Nuggetville

Feb 28, 2011
ATProDon.... With a name like that you don't leave a lot of room for new detectors! :wink: Seriously though, dig those repeatable targets. There is a good chance it is junk, but it could just be deep and the unit could not get a good read on the target. On the beach I will take a target like that and just take a scoop or two off the top and go over it again. Many times the target will show up then.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Idda dug it.

I find that when I get a repeatable signal, but get no VDI, it tends to be something deep.

Try air testing some things and this should happen when they start getting out of range.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deep target....next time take a scoop like Nuggetville said and you will probally get a better reading.

OP
OP
ATPRoDon

ATPRoDon

Nov 26, 2007
Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nuggetville said:
ATProDon.... With a name like that you don't leave a lot of room for new detectors! :wink: Seriously though, dig those repeatable targets. There is a good chance it is junk, but it could just be deep and the unit could not get a good read on the target. On the beach I will take a target like that and just take a scoop or two off the top and go over it again. Many times the target will show up then.

Well I just sold my first Metal Detector which was a Fischer 1260-X that I bought brand new in 1984, so I will probably hang on to this for awhile..lol

AtProDon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread