Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Give Garrett a call , sometimes the issue can be fixed over the phone.

OP
OP
DIGDIG

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I called but they are open Monday-Friday. I replaced the batteries, tried a second coil and held the button for 10 seconds which resets factory settings.

I was wondering if anyone else sent one to them and how long it took to service, hopefully it wasn't to expensive.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Every time I sent a detector in to Garrett or Whites it was about an 18 day round trip .

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw 2 and at pro
sent mine to garrett for recalibration and circuit work, got it back within 10 days, detector works great and service was quick, i live in ohio and sent it to texas using ups ground.

OP
OP
DIGDIG

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
18 days UGH! maybe I can overnight it. I am off most of August hopefully I get to use it before going back to work.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DIGDIG said:
18 days UGH! maybe I can overnight it. I am off most of August hopefully I get to use it before going back to work.
Remember they will fix it in the order it was received and there might be lots of detectors ahead of you.

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sandman said:
DIGDIG said:
Remember they will fix it in the order it was received and there might be lots of detectors ahead of you.
Most of that 18 days time the package was in transit . I know because I had the trackin #s.
It only took Garrett or Whites 3 or 4 days to fix it and resend it back to me.
Sandman can guess the shipping carrier that was used.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
DIGDIG said:
that's not a good sign. My 550 broke again and I'm thinkin about retiring it

digging41

Sep 7, 2008
Sent my Seahunter for repair on the 26th of June and it is still not here yet but apparently it has been shipped. I am on my 2nd week of holidays and no detector. :dontknow:

Digging41

OP
OP
DIGDIG

DIGDIG

Nov 23, 2009
Space Coast/Florida
Detector(s) used
WHITES SURF P.I.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spoke with Garrett today, they tell me they have a 10 day turn around. Repair is $40. and parts.
She advised me if the cost is high they can give me a deal on a new one, the only problem is if I had money I would own a new one.

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
That sounds to me like they are talking about the new upgrade which they are charging $40 for but it includes new hardware with cam locks and better arm rest position and a brand new warranty.

Jerry

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Jerry-Wi said:
That sounds to me like they are talking about the new upgrade which they are charging $40 for but it includes new hardware with cam locks and better arm rest position and a brand new warranty.

Jerry

That's for the AT-Pro, I think the original poster has a Garrett GTAx-350 that needs work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions