Is it just me???

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Or am I not the only one to go from a Garrett ProPointer to a Sun-Ray & actually miss the ProPointer? I lost my pinpointer a month or so ago & figured it was a sign to finally 'upgrade' to a sun-ray. Been using the Sun-Ray lately & gotta tell ya, although it is a GREAT piece of machinery & is worth every penny, the Garrett EASILY wins this battle IMHO. Why? Well...

For the simple reason that the ProPointer beeps when close to the target and gives a solid tone ONLY when touching the target. The Sun-Ray gives a regular signal when the target is near, so, I have no idea if I'm the probe is actually touching the target or if the target is an inch away. On the Garrett this NEVER happened cause if the target was close, the Garrett would just beep until making contact with the target then turn into a solid tone.

Don't get me wrong, I really do love the Sun-Ray, but I call it as I see it & call a spade a spade. The Garrett has the Edge IMHO :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread