control box for ace 350

druinus

Aug 9, 2011
Hi,

The control box of my Ace broke and I'm searching for a new one. Though I spent hours surfing the net for a control box I was unable to find one.
All I need is a control box for an Ace 350, since my coils are perfectly functional. No need to be a new one, a used but functional would do.
Anyone knows any dealer who might sell cbs?

Thank you in advance
l.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know of no dealer that can sell any parts for detectors except the manufacturers. Suggest you contact Garrett and see if they will sell you one. But they would probably want you to send it in to them for repair and they might even do this repair for free just like Tesoro does.

OP
OP
D

druinus

Aug 9, 2011
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately the box in into small pieces, thus it can not be repaired, this is why I should buy a new one.
Still it would make no sense to buy a complete new detector when apart from the box all parts are perfect.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You will need to get one directly from Garrett.

Nuggetville

Feb 28, 2011
I would, without a doubt, contact Garrett. I have had many costumer come to me telling stories of what Garrett has done for them. I could write pages worth of testimony here, but in short, Garrett really takes care of their customers. Give them a call and tell them what you have (or don't have :laughing7: ). The worst that could happen is they can't do anything and you waist 10 min. On the phone. Happy hunting!

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I see from your profile you are in Hungary. I know shipping will be expensive and time consuming, but it will probably be a warrarnty item and Garrett will fix it. At least, call your European distributer or dealer, maybe they can help you.

OP
OP
D

druinus

Aug 9, 2011
it is still cheaper to get any detector part from the US than to buy it here. recently bought a DD coil and with the post fee it was ca 60% of the local price.
The post is not that expensive, I would estimate it to around $20 with USPS first class mail. This gets to me in 7 days.
Could you suggest me any Garrett dealer who might inquire for the price of a box and send me a quotation?

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Contact Garrett by phone or email. They'll help you out. They may ask that you send only the control box (what's left of it) & internals and the coil. They'll probably fix the box & test it to make sure it's working properly and then send it back.

1881 W. State Street
Garland, Texas 75042
Toll Free: 800.527.4011
Tel: 972.494.6151
Fax: 972.494.1881
Email: [email protected]

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Your best bet is to call Garrett.... And tell them what you need.... they wiil have you send it to them for repairs........Don't email some times it takes a long time to get a answer if you email...............Your best bet as others told you contact Garrett ...... You will not find a control box........... And if you contact Garrett all it might cost you is your postage to send it to them.........

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
If you don't want to send it in for repairs then simply order a new housing from Garrett. It's easy to change out the guts. Remember the Ace 150 and 250 has the exact same control box housing as your 350. So if you can find a cheaper Ace 250 or 150 you can put your 350 guts inside of it's housing.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'd go through Garrett, the machine has been out for less than 2 years, so there should be warranty on it. It was dropped and the housing broke, so the chance of something coming loose inside is possible. They may charge him to repair it, but to me it would be worth the extra expense to make sure it's right.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread