ACE 250 "Package Deal"

oedius

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2006
Abilene, TX
ACE 250 "Package Deal"

Hello everyone,
I am counting down the days to when my layaway is payed out. I found someone to put together package of everything I would need to get started right away.

A Brand new ACE 250 with the usual extras plus a few more at my request; DVD instructions, manual, carry bag, coil cover, batteries, treasure apron, deluxe headphones, deluxe digging tool, coin probe, metal sand scoop, extra 9x12 PROformance coil w/cover.

All for $330.00 "including" shipping. He said I could take 4 months or so to pay but I don't think I can wait that long.
8)
Is this pretty good deal?

Steve

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: ACE 250 "Package Deal"

Steve, it sounds about right since you wanted a lot more too. The Ace 250 can be had for close to $200.00.

OP
OP
O

oedius

Tenderfoot
Jul 28, 2006
Abilene, TX
Re: ACE 250 "Package Deal"

Yeah, and it seems like I keep wanting to add a little more as I go. I spoke to seller a few days ago about also including an extra bottom shaft with hardware to make coil changing faster. And I told him I would like to upgrade to headphones with adjustable volume. Now I am wondering if (or when) I will want electronic pinpointer?

Steve

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,I am counting down the days to when my layaway is payed out. I found someone to put together package of everything I would need to get started right away. A Brand new ACE 250 with the usual extras plus a few more at my request; DVD instructions, manual, carry bag, coil cover, batteries, treasure apron, deluxe headphones, deluxe digging tool, coin probe, metal sand scoop, extra 9x12 PROformance coil w/cover.

All for $330.00 "including" shipping. He said I could take 4 months or so to pay but I don't think I can wait that long. 8) Is this pretty good deal?
Steve

I did the same thing when I bought my first system only to find for me that the DVD Instructions are all available on the Garrett website, the manual comes with it anyway, I never use the carry bag and I wouldn't get caught dead with an apron on. All that said, I think that decent headphones, a fancy offset digger, metal sand scoop and an additional 9x12 coil is probably worth the extra $115 over buying the 250 alone.

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All that matters is you being happy with your equipment, and getting the best bang for your buck!! GL and HH!!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly its not how many detectors coils diggers its how much fun u have learn ur machine then ull know what u need to further improve ur hunts ya never know u may buy that big coil then come to realize ur hunting in a park full of trash where the sniper or a 5x8 would work much better ya know

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other then that lol good deal u got

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have Ace 250 & the only upgrade I would suggest is a small shovel/digger & the Garrett pro pointer,if your hunting where's there's lots of trash,I sometime take along a 5 gallon bucket or shorts with more pockets.Other than that happy hunting.:hello2:

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Even I can't wait til you get it! LOL
It'll be here before you know it!

Pete

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, and it seems like I keep wanting to add a little more as I go. I spoke to seller a few days ago about also including an extra bottom shaft with hardware to make coil changing faster. And I told him I would like to upgrade to headphones with adjustable volume. Now I am wondering if (or when) I will want electronic pinpointer?

Steve
Steve,you didn't order a pro pointer?:BangHead:

doucecool57

May 15, 2013
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You'll want the propointer ASAP...I tried going without and now I'm not sure how I ever found anything without it..good luck once u get started!!!

BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You'll want the propointer ASAP...I tried going without and now I'm not sure how I ever found anything without it..good luck once u get started!!!

See what you can give up to get a ProPointer instead. You will be more effective with a 250 plus propointer than with all that other stuff. For me a metal sandscoop is for digging in the wet sand anyway where the 250 wont work. I use a plastic feed scoop in the dry sand which costs $4. If you could get the 250 plus ProPointer plus digger for the same price go for it.

Last edited:

Nirros

Jan 8, 2012
Dexter, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
8.5x11
5x8
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the propointer asap.....saves a lot of time!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think you'll use that carry bag,it makes people think you have a rifle in there,2nd. that deluxe digging tool,better be made out of some kind of metal,because a plastic one will break,unless your digging in the sand. 3rd. the apron is not "1 size fits all".I do like the 9x12 coil,but you might find that a snipper coil is better. Make sure you get a pro pointer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread