First day out with the GTAx 500...again.

smcdmc

Aug 12, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 500, Teknetics G2, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So about ten years ago life got in the way and my metal detector (GTAx 500) was gradually put to rest. Recently the bug began to bite again and I dug out the old detector. I cleaned it up, put new batteries in it , and headed out this evening. Found a little junk, as well as .73 cents including 6 dimes. The dimes read anywhere from penny to quarter on the id. Depth seemed to be accurate. This was in about an hour at a boat landing and I did pass up quite a few iffy sounding signals. All the coins were at 3" or less but it was a pretty rough rocky area. My only question would be, is this detector adequate for coin shooting or would I be better off spending the money on an ACE 250 or other comparable detector? Also, I have the 12.5" crossfire in addition to the stock 8.5" but have not really used the larger one. Is it any good for coins? Is the depth a lot better than the 8.5" and is the pinpointing still accurate? Can't wait to get out again. I have ten years of catching up to do!

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
those GTA's are good machines, i had my gta 1000 for 18 yrs before selling it to my buddy and he's finding alot with it still.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mine broke 2 times sooo i cant help :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread