Advice on Garrett pinpointers needed

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been looking at getting a new pinpointer and I have been looking at a Garretts. Any advice on which one to get? I was looking at the Pro pointer, but noticed there is one that is a CSI Pro pointer. Is there a difference between the two? Or is there another Garretts that is better ?

This is the CSI model.

http://www.garrett.com/securitysite/security_csi_pro-pointer_key_features.aspxa

Thanks,
David

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Link is Not Working !!! Go with The Propointer !!! We are Going to Buy A second Soon Just so we both Have One!!!! HH Chug

OP
OP
VWandSTUDEBAKER

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I always thought they were both the same one different name ............... And i still do think that...........

Chocadog

Feb 3, 2010
Roanoke, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Minelab Safari, Garrett GTI2000, Garrett250
Great pinpointer but, put your thumb over the microphone hole when washing it off. If water gets into the mic the sound level is reduced quite a bit. It is a water resistant pinpointer NOT a water proof pin pointer.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am about 90% sure its the same thing as regular pro pointer but I will find out for you.

OP
OP
VWandSTUDEBAKER

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stoopstroop said:
I am about 90% sure its the same thing as regular pro pointer but I will find out for you.

Would be interesting to find out if the CSI 250 is the same too except for the decal. If so, Id say they are just charging the government more money.

relicswinger

Jun 19, 2008
Ive been looking at getting a new pinpointer and I have been looking at a Garretts. Any advice on which one to get? I was looking at the Pro pointer, but noticed there is one that is a CSI Pro pointer. Is there a difference between the two? Or is there another Garretts that is better ?
This is the CSI model.
http://www.garrett.com/securitysite/security_csi_pro-pointer_key_features.aspxa

I imagine that the Pro-Pointer sold on the security side of the Garrett site has an extended warranty and/or special handling included for the extra money. They are the same Pro-Pointer on both the security side and the hobby side.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
VWandSTUDEBAKER said:
stoopstroop said:

Would be interesting to find out if the CSI 250 is the same too except for the decal. If so, Id say they are just charging the government more money.

The CSI 250 has a different face. It features a Target ID Legend designed to identify targets commonly sought in crime scene investigations. The cost of the detector is about the same as a Ace 250, I've seen them for around $215

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My distributor told me basically the pro pointers are the same thing. We don't even handle CSI ones.

OP
OP
VWandSTUDEBAKER

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting. So, they just put a higher price on it when selling to the government ?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
VWandSTUDEBAKER said:
Interesting. So, they just put a higher price on it when selling to the government ?
Could be that like some one else said......... They get a life time warranty instead of only 2 years................... The goverement screws us all the time so i could care less.............

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So if you buy the CSI one you get a lifetime warranty?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread