Garretts new detector is........... The AT GOLD!!!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John-Edmonton said:
Bootybay said:
I read where its good in highly mineralized areas ( was thinking salt water beaches here are that way) but then in the ad on garrett it says fresh water beaches...so I will wait n see about the salt water beaches.. anyone get to test one yet?

The manual suggests it not be recomended in salt water....here's a quote

" Because the AT Gold is optimized to find small gold pieces,
saltwater use in not recommended for this detector. Its ability
to find small gold makes it equally reactive to the conductivity
of saltwater. This detector's ground balance adjustment is
optimized to provide the greatest resolution in the normal
ground range and is not designed to address saltwater. The AT
Gold will, however, perform well for hunting coins and jewelry on
dry sand beach area "​
Thats a lot different than the AT pro manual.....My AT pro works great in saltwater, dont sound like the Gold will.

B

Bev

I've been slowly looking into the AT Pro and saw this thread.
After reading the manual online, I'm seriously considering it over the AT Pro- if the headphone jack adapter they offer on the Pro will work on this machine.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Bev said:
I've been slowly looking into the AT Pro and saw this thread.
After reading the manual online, I'm seriously considering it over the AT Pro- if the headphone jack adapter they offer on the Pro will work on this machine.

Unless you are planning on doing some prospecting, save yourself $100 and go with the Pro. It is more versatile and can be used at Rhode Island's ocean beaches, while the gold is not recommended for salt water. The Gold runs at 18KHz, while the Pro is at 15KHz. I don't think the small difference can make it that much more sensitive to tiny gold. And you don't have to wait until October with the Pro!

B

Bev

That's a good point. -And if I buy the AT Pro, I can use the hundred dollars to pick up the sniper coil. That makes a little more sense to me. I'm glad I brought it up to you all. Always a big help!

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Give me a holler Bev. I will make you a super deal on the AT Pro with the new cam locks and extended arms! :icon_thumright:

Jerry-Wi

Mar 21, 2009
I had been thinking about getting a second At Pro. Now it may be an At Gold. I really like that settable threshold feature. I would pay the difference in price to have it added to the At Pro so it is an easy decision for me.

Jerry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions