Garretts new detector is........... The AT GOLD!!!

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dang... I want one!!!! I'm sending my AT-Pro in next week for the upgrade, do you think they will swap with me?? ;D

MSRP is $799. - $100 more than AT-Pro MSRP @ $699. (on Garrett website)

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i was really thinking about getting a New Fisher Gold Bug or a Teknetics G2....................... But now with this new Garrett AT Gold i could be going that way ............ It looks good to me ................... Should have all the bugs out of the AT Gold..................... This one should not have any problems... I hope.........

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am very curious about this one. I love the DP for it's separation in iron trash, and I love the AT Pro for everything else. While two different companies if this is any where near a best of both world's scenario I will be a very happy person.

OP
OP
Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dwight S said:
Dang... I want one!!!! I'm sending my AT-Pro in next week for the upgrade, do you think they will swap with me?? ;D

MSRP is $799. - $100 more than AT-Pro MSRP @ $699. (on Garrett website)

Not out till October! But give me a call then! :thumbsup:

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
Looks great. Wish I lived in gold country. It would be nice if Garrett would wind up that little dd coil for the pro too.
Gleaner ... i don't live in Gold country i want it for Gold Jewelry........... That is why i was looking at the Fisher Gold Bug DP or the Teknetics G2.......

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It's like three or four machines in one, 18k for gold with true gold circuitry for the small nuggets, true hot all metal mode with iron audio response, coin/relic setting, this thing is a triple threat PLUS.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
Well i was really thinking about getting a New Fisher Gold Bug or a Teknetics G2....................... But now with this new Garrett AT Gold i could be going that way ............ It looks good to me ................... Should have all the bugs out of the AT Gold..................... This one should not have any problems... I hope.........

Keppy the pro is a killer little gold ring getter. Not to say any given gold machine is not a killer little gold ring getter. The mechanicals are the same as the pro, so it wont leak. I don't feel a couple leakers indicates a design flaw in this case. You have a tough choice to make.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Can you imagine the atgold with a teknetics 15" dd in all-metal mode in your favorite old abandoned amusement park or civil war site or old homestead? That's it, I gotta have it. Did I forget to mention your favorite gold field? Did I forget to mention your favorite old swimmin' hole?

JardiniMagic

Greenie
Jan 31, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Detector(s) used
MXT, V3i, Ace 250
Don't understand Why? MSRP is $799.99 which puts it up in the White's MXT range I don't think the Quality would surpass the MXT's true ability? interesting?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now this seems more like a good detector and lots of coils available for it. Time will tell. :coffee2:

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read where its good in highly mineralized areas ( was thinking salt water beaches here are that way) but then in the ad on garrett it says fresh water beaches...so I will wait n see about the salt water beaches.. anyone get to test one yet?

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Bootybay said:
I read where its good in highly mineralized areas ( was thinking salt water beaches here are that way) but then in the ad on garrett it says fresh water beaches...so I will wait n see about the salt water beaches.. anyone get to test one yet?

Read the AT-Pro page... The Pro says the same thing. However, it works in salt water too. Been there, done that. You do have to ground balance often and manually "tweak" it slightly for stable operation, but it'll still sing out the targets at 10"+.

I wouldn't let that discourage me.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Bootybay said:

The manual suggests it not be recomended in salt water....here's a quote

" Because the AT Gold is optimized to find small gold pieces,
saltwater use in not recommended for this detector. Its ability
to find small gold makes it equally reactive to the conductivity
of saltwater. This detector's ground balance adjustment is
optimized to provide the greatest resolution in the normal
ground range and is not designed to address saltwater. The AT
Gold will, however, perform well for hunting coins and jewelry on
dry sand beach area "​

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
JardiniMagic said:
Don't understand Why? MSRP is $799.99 which puts it up in the White's MXT range I don't think the Quality would surpass the MXT's true ability? interesting?
But i think when the dealers get it the cost of the AT Gold will be ..$699.00 or less.........

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
John-Edmonton said:
Bootybay said:

The manual suggests it not be recomended in salt water....here's a quote

" Because the AT Gold is optimized to find small gold pieces,
saltwater use in not recommended for this detector. Its ability
to find small gold makes it equally reactive to the conductivity
of saltwater. This detector's ground balance adjustment is
optimized to provide the greatest resolution in the normal
ground range and is not designed to address saltwater. The AT
Gold will, however, perform well for hunting coins and jewelry on
dry sand beach area "​

Thanks John. I stand corrected.
I'd really love to try one out up in the highly mineralize dirt of Northern Virginia, relic hunting. Anybody got a demo unit coming that I can borrow for a few days? ;D

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
JardiniMagic said:
I see were some dealers have them on preorder now for .. $679.00..........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread