Guess What? The Coils ARE Compatible With Both The AT Pro/AT Gold

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Attachments

• 5x8_at_coil_lg.jpg
    5x8_at_coil_lg.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 266

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
John-Edmonton said:
I made an error earlier with a post. So, that sweet new 5" x 8" (14x20cm) DD coil should work on the AT Pro. No need to buy new coils when purchasing the AT Gold unless you want a different one.
John.... What do you mean the new 5"x 8' DD .."should".. work on the AT Pro ...... ? Does that mean it will work...will not work........ Or no one knows for sure ???

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
The p/n for the 8.5 x 11 is 2222400 for both the pro and the gold. So this proves any coil for the pro is a go for the gold and vise versa.
I just checked for the other coils they are the same p/ns for both. The little dd is so new that the websites are not updated to show compatibility with the pro yet.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
gleaner1 said:
The p/n for the 8.5 x 11 is 2222400 for both the pro and the gold. So this proves any coil for the pro is a go for the gold and vise versa.
I just checked for the other coils they are the same p/ns for both. The little dd is so new that the websites are not updated to show compatibility with the pro yet.
But they run on different frequency's.................... So that don't matter ??

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
gleaner1 said:
But they run on different frequency's.................... So that don't matter ??

I am not an electrical engineer, but I know that the resistance of the coil is what matters to the design of the circuits. If the coil has too little resistance, it could cause high current problems within the device. It is clear that the pro and the gold have been designed to use the same coils, much like the f series fishers. This is great news, as coil options have been increasing with the addition of the new small dd coil and the teknetics 15".

vanner1

Jun 21, 2011
I emailed Garrett and they confirmed the coils are inter-changeable- the 5-8 coil will work on the AT Pro

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
vanner1 said:
I emailed Garrett and they confirmed the coils are inter-changeable- the 5-8 coil will work on the AT Pro
Yes thanks .............. I will try one on my AT Pro now i know for sure.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread