AT PRO __WaterBeater?/Build?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I have been using mine with no leakage problems at all. Some of my hunts were at least 6 hours in the (fresh) water. I am sending mine in in October for the upgrades.

John

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I remember a guy posted a leaker once. Other than that, it does not have the reputation as a leaker. My cz20 leaked first time out and that machine is notoriously bulletproof in the leak department. Salt water does not leak any easier than fresh. The build on the unit looks good although I haven't torn mine down (yet) so I dont know how good the seals are. Mine has been submerged but not much, and I did not beat the water with it. Mine is doing okay so far.

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John-Edmonton said:
I have been using mine with no leakage problems at all. Some of my hunts were at least 6 hours in the (fresh) water. I am sending mine in in October for the upgrades.

John

John, what kind of upgrades???? Thanks, Tom

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gallileo60 said:
John-Edmonton said:

John

I'm not John, but I'll try to answer... The "upgrades" he is refering to is the new upper control arm with the extended cuff and cam locks. The early units have a shorter upper rod that puts the cuff on most folks just above the wrist. The new rod extends the cuff to where its more on the forearm. The old rod, the lower part that slipped the fiberglass lower rod into it did not have a cam lock on it to tighten down on the lower rod, so it was a a bit shakey when the detector length was extended out to within a couple of notches of maximium. The new rod has the cam lock which should fix this.

For $40, if you send Garrett your control head and coil, they will mount it on a new upper control arm with extended cuff and cam locks, and do a complete check of the unit, make any repairs needed and provide you with a new 2-year warranty from the date of service. This is a pretty good deal, if you ask me.

Mine is going in soon as well. I just hate to give it up while I still have a chance to go to the beach and detect... ;D

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Dwight S said:
gallileo60 said:
John-Edmonton said:

John

Thanks Dwight :thumbsup:

I'm not John, but I'll try to answer... The "upgrades" he is refering to is the new upper control arm with the extended cuff and cam locks. The early units have a shorter upper rod that puts the cuff on most folks just above the wrist. The new rod extends the cuff to where its more on the forearm. The old rod, the lower part that slipped the fiberglass lower rod into it did not have a cam lock on it to tighten down on the lower rod, so it was a a bit shakey when the detector length was extended out to within a couple of notches of maximium. The new rod has the cam lock which should fix this.

For $40, if you send Garrett your control head and coil, they will mount it on a new upper control arm with extended cuff and cam locks, and do a complete check of the unit, make any repairs needed and provide you with a new 2-year warranty from the date of service. This is a pretty good deal, if you ask me.

Mine is going in soon as well. I just hate to give it up while I still have a chance to go to the beach and detect... ;D

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok got ya, sounds like a good deal....Thanks for the info..Tom

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The AT Pro is a great machine for the $. Hard to beat!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread