5 In 1

cbcstamp

Jul 25, 2011
Went out to my favorite soccer field this evening. The weather is starting to get very nice in the California desert. Hunted for about 45 minutes. Bagged 14 quarters, 6 dimes, 2 nickels, 6 pennies and a fine playboy golf divot repairer and ball marker.

Been a week since I got a ring. All in due time.

The best thing of the day was I found 5 quarters in one hole. Not a record, but neat to find.

Happy Hunting and good luck

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good with the short hunt. Five quarters in one hole is called a dump.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
5 in one hole?? Very nice! What machine you using? Sounds like it's working for you!

OP
OP
C

cbcstamp

Jul 25, 2011
I'm using the AT Pro. I have several other detectors that are far more expensive, but the pro finds more. For the cost of the machine it cannot be beat for coins, jewelry and relic hunting. Have not tried it for prospecting.

I hunt most every day for a couple of hours. I normally hunt in pro mode zero, iron audio off, 35 desc. At 5 bars. Best day ever for coins is 56 quarters, 29 dimes, 8 nickels, 16 pennies, 1 Eisenhower dollar, 1 silver quarter. Have found 9 rings of various value in the 4 months I have used the machine. Best being a 14K wedding band in right field of a baseball park. gold rings are tough for most all detectors. Reason being, not so many are lost as compared to silver and Junkers. Gold can VDI all over the place ( depend on the metallic consistency) so it takes a lot of patients and digging junk to find them.

Keep digging and enjoy the hobby. It is not about the money, it's about the fun.

OP
OP
C

cbcstamp

Jul 25, 2011
Same old soccer field last evening. Wound up with 14 quarters, 7 dimes, 5 nickels, 4 pennies, 1 glider medal, 2 junk rings one aluminum band and a nifty pewter ring in the form of a top hat on top of a band. It ain't about the money, it's the fun of finding "little treasures".

Thanks for reading,

Happy Hunting

Having rotator cuff surgery on Thursday. I will be down and out for a couple of Months.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread