? for at pro users.

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully you get an answer before this, but Thursday I am going to see my friend who also has a tungsten, so I can get the answer for you.

If it was just recently lost, it should be right on surface, what I've done in the past is zero disc. every hard tone just use propointer on the surface in case it's tangled in grass....this is of course if the area to cover is condensed enough....vdi would be helpful if area to cover is large.

OP
OP
zincmaster

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw 2 and at pro
Hosensack said:
Hopefully you get an answer before this, but Thursday I am going to see my friend who also has a tungsten, so I can get the answer for you.

If it was just recently lost, it should be right on surface, what I've done in the past is zero disc. every hard tone just use propointer on the surface in case it's tangled in grass....this is of course if the area to cover is condensed enough....vdi would be helpful if area to cover is large.
{ thanks, he lost it while weed whacking. hope the weed whacker didnt send it flying into another yard, surface finds usually hit hard on my detector, but with all the stuff just under the surface, i was hoping that someone had already found one and knows the vdi number to make it a little easier. figure if i can find it, it may put a spark in me to hunt more.}

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
An internet search puts the VDI around 70.

I'd check any good target that registers 2" or less. As Hosensack said, investigate with a pinpointer. Hopefully the weedeater didin't send it flying too far.

Good luck.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Here's my large man's ring from about 3 weeks ago I got out of a lake. It has a VDI reading of 70.

Attachments

• TUNGSTEN 70.jpg
    TUNGSTEN 70.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 526

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would keep the sensitivity low so you dont pick up deep targets.

cyerby

Greenie
Dec 3, 2010
kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow! I found a ring just like that. It rang up at 43...whats up with that?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
cyerby said:
Holy cow! I found a ring just like that. It rang up at 43...whats up with that?
Did you ever hear that vid numbers will lie to you........... They do you know.............

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a great topic, it applies to all machines. Same target, same machine, same settings, same coil and heck, same battery pack if we must. If your model XTEarthblaster9000 reads ten points more than my model XTEarthblaster9000 on any given target, I will not be a very happy camper. At all. Really mad. Sending back to factory mad.

cyerby

Greenie
Dec 3, 2010
kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so here are VDI numbers in the field for me:
53 modern pop tab
57 old school pop top
74 zinc penny
79 copper penny
82 dime
87 quarter

of course these are just the usual case. I have dug pennies in the zinc range that turned out to be quarters. But if it's not on edge and near trash, these numbers are pretty accurate. How about you guys??

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
76 zincoln
82 copper penny
81 dime
86 quarter
90 quarter on edge.

Penny and dime VDI number didnt change whether they were flat or on edge.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread