Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Any one have this happen with there AT Pro ??.............. I will be hunting not water i will be inland.............. And the screen goes blank and all sound goes away ........... It only lasts for about 20 seconds give or take then comes back on.............. So i keep hunting.......... But i have had the upgrades it has been back to Garrett twice now................ So at this time i am not a happy hunter............It just act's as if i shut it off then comes back on .... My problem was..........My batteries were not makeing a good connection.......... Not the detectors fault mine...........Did not get them in right........

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Keppy said:
Any one have this happen with there AT Pro ??.............. I will be hunting not water i will be inland.............. And the screen goes blank and all sound goes away ........... It only lasts for about 20 seconds give or take then comes back on.............. So i keep hunting.......... But i have had the upgrades it has been back to Garrett twice now................ So at this time i am not a happy hunter............It just act's as if i shut it off then comes back on .... My problem was..........My batteries were not makeing a good connection.......... Not the detectors fault mine...........Did not get them in right........
Thats right my fault for not checking it out after i put batterys in........

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
It is amazing that there is no apparent position spelled out about which way to put the battery pack in. I scratched it on mine, the word "up". Keppy, you had me a bit worried, I am sure you will like the damn thing once you get some hours behind it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must have inserted batteries wrong on all my detectors but the Excal at one time or another. I know what I am doing, right? :icon_scratch:

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
gleaner1 said:
It is amazing that there is no apparent position spelled out about which way to put the battery pack in. I scratched it on mine, the word "up". Keppy, you had me a bit worried, I am sure you will like the damn thing once you get some hours behind it.

If you take the battery cover off & look on either side of the battey hole, on the main detector housing, bottom side nearest the shaft, you will see a very small + & - imprint.

I took some whiteout and painted them in to easily identify which side was which...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dwight S said:
gleaner1 said:

If you take the battery cover off & look on either side of the battey hole, on the main detector housing, bottom side nearest the shaft, you will see a very small + & - imprint.

I took some whiteout and painted them in to easily identify which side was which...
I saw those marks the first time I put the batteries in, buy they could easily be overlooked.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Finally got my detector back. Here is a picture of my painted marks. I used Whiteout and dabbed it on, let it dry then scratched away the excess with my finger nail. It helps me figure out the polarity.

Attachments

• at pro battery 2.jpg
    at pro battery 2.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 329
OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Dwight S said:
Finally got my detector back. Here is a picture of my painted marks. I used Whiteout and dabbed it on, let it dry then scratched away the excess with my finger nail. It helps me figure out the polarity.
All of you have good ideas on that the next time i remove the batterys i will use one of them.........

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took the battery holder itself and heated up a piece of wire and melted in "UP" and - +

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions