New Small (5X8) DD coils for all Garrett detectors

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
If there is a demand (I think there is) I am sure they will build them.

cyerby

Greenie
Dec 3, 2010
kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the AT PRO with the standard coil that came with it. I think I might like the 5x8...just wondering if I should go with it or the sniper for those times I hunt trashy parks. What do you guys think?

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
cyerby said:
I have the AT PRO with the standard coil that came with it. I think I might like the 5x8...just wondering if I should go with it or the sniper for those times I hunt trashy parks. What do you guys think?

I would get the 5" x 8" coil. It's 1/2 wider then the sniper and gets much more depth. however, for hunting along metal, like play ground equipment or chain link fences, the sniper coil will get closer.

OP
OP
R

relicswinger

Jun 19, 2008
I would get the 5" x 8" coil. It's 1/2 wider then the sniper and gets much more depth. however, for hunting along metal, like play ground equipment or chain link fences, the sniper coil will get closer.
[/quote]

Looking at the 5"X8" DD coil that they are making, it has a "snub nose" to it. It looks like it will detect very close to a fence...

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as soon as the 5x8 is available for my atp i'm gonna order one.

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The flat toe and heel on the Garrett DD coils are great for working against walls and foundations.

.... unless theres rebar in them. :o >:( :o :tongue3:

cbcstamp

Jul 25, 2011
I was under the impression that the coils for the AT Gold will work on the AT Pro. The 5x8 coil should work in the ATP, Right now, right? Heck just buy them both, the 5"round sniper and the 8x5. It's only money.

I have the sniper and it's great in trashy areas and around tot lot equipment and fences.

Have a great time and enjoy the hobby,

Thanks for reading.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
cbcstamp said:
I was under the impression that the coils for the AT Gold will work on the AT Pro. The 5x8 coil should work in the ATP, Right now, right? Heck just buy them both, the 5"round sniper and the 8x5. It's only money.

I have the sniper and it's great in trashy areas and around tot lot equipment and fences.

Have a great time and enjoy the hobby,

Thanks for reading.

All coils for the AT Gold/AT Pro are interchangeable :thumbsup:

OP
OP
R

relicswinger

Jun 19, 2008
I've been hoping for years to get a small DD coil for my 1350. I bought the 10X14 but it is not ideal in trashy areas since it is 14 inches long. It is also HEAVY. I think Garrett is going to make the 8X5 DD that they developed for the ATP available for all the lines. I'll get one the same day it can be bought. I'll also get the Garrett pin-pointer too. Hurry up Garrett!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread