TWO THINGS I DID TODAY

tincansam

Jun 7, 2011
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1) I ENDED MY GOLD SLUMP

2) I FOUND MY FIRST GOLD WITH MY AT PRO !!!!

vdi #'s were 57 to low 60's , found @ low tide mark in about 6 inch's of saltwater, i think the last time i seen yellow was end

of july begin of august so long i can't remember. Tiny ring but who cares the color's right. 3.5 grms 14k

Attachments

• 14k gold ring oct. 6th 2011 010.JPG
    14k gold ring oct. 6th 2011 010.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 276
  • 14k gold ring oct. 6th 2011 001.JPG
    14k gold ring oct. 6th 2011 001.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 14k gold ring oct. 6th 2011 002.JPG
    14k gold ring oct. 6th 2011 002.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 278

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If you keep at it, it will happen!

What kind of a site were you hunting?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see your ATpro is working out. :icon_thumleft: :icon_pirat: :icon_thumright:

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very cool John! Beautiful ring!

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice snag!

Its great making those types of achievments.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife is still getting used to hers. What settings were you using for the beach?

OP
OP
T

tincansam

Jun 7, 2011
TX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
s.c.shooter said:
My wife is still getting used to hers. What settings were you using for the beach?

once i got used to the DD coil instead of my other coil on the seahunter Bamm everything seemed to fall into place. plus you

think it may be falsing but it aint it's showing all the different targets the coil is over. it will false sometimes but i think it is cause

of conditions not the machine, also if you bump it on the seafloor (bottom), that will cause it to false, just raise the coil alittle so

it doesnt touch the bottom pass a few times over it and if their is something their its gonna let you know.

Do STD mode at first until used to the machine, i suggest staying in STD mode even if your used to it for at least the first

month.Here's what i do i Auto ground balance then Only if it is chatty i drop the sensitivity, if still chatty i manually drop a couple

clicks on the Ground Balance, i Do Zero Mode then raise Iron Discriminate to 35 and go,

I Auto Ground when im on the dry, then Auto Ground when im on the wet sand , then Auto Ground in the water.

Once in awhile i re Auto Ground. If still havin problems then drop the Sensitivity to 3 or 4 bars If that dont work change

frequency, that dont work check batterys, i use rechargeable and after an hour they start to go down so i bring extra now thats

cause i could use new set of rechargeable batterys but mine usually last 4 hours then i noticed some eartic behavior so i changed

them one time. Once i got used to the machine all the problems i thought i was having all went away. Its like they say its a

learning curve. now im doing PRO mode and just having a BLAST with this machine. be patient if it takes a little longer to get

used to tell her dont give up once she's got it down it's alot of fun. The other day i found two good signals next to each other

surrounded by trash, i scooped the first one didnt take my scoop out of the water went right for the other target got it , when i

shook sand out their was the two PULLTABS none of the trash. i was like mann im gettin good with this thing. :icon_pirat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions