Garrett CX Plus with the TreasureHound Deep search package

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I want some depth, to go with the other equipment I have. I see what looks to be a good deal on this unit for $650 from a Good Name dealer. The CX Plus unit can be used as a normal coin cache relic hunter or attach the Treasure HOUND deep seek , just plug it in they say, goes 8 to 15 feet. Looked at the Gemni=III liked it, its about a hunder les, but 7 pounds. Do any of your have the Treasure Hound set up? What do you think of it? .

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ferrous is right but I would add that the Discovery (which looks just like the Whites) was slightly cheaper and had better performance due to the addition of auto ground balance.
None of the mentioned machines are really deep. If its depth you want then a European hoard hunting P.I. wins out though they are well expensive.

OP
OP
CaptJohn

CaptJohn

Sep 6, 2006
Fairhope Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus with the Treasure hound 2 box attachment.
WithOUT the 2 box, I can locate a baseball size of Iron 2 feet deep, but the 2 box won't detect it...

sometimes I get a little buzz from it but it would be totaly missed out in the real "field" searching!! To get that little buzz I have to hold it about 1 1/2 inches off the ground. Its made to hold about at your knees.

ANY OTHER Treasure Hound users out there, how does yours work? any tips?, should mine locate that size at 2 feet?

Seajay

Jul 6, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, Garrett's CX w/Bloodhound, GTA 500, Whites PI
Gentlemen, My two cents worth on the CX. I am quite happy with my CXII w/the Bloodhound attachment which I have owned since the mid-90s. I have used it in the field here in Eastern Carolina and East Texas. Though I did not find what I was looking for, I did find a dutch oven lid at a depth of about two feet and an ammo can at arms length/depth (32-34 inches). I like the fact that there are no tuning adjustments necessary. Just add the attachment, turn it on and go. The signal responses on these two objects came through the headphones loud and clear. Pinpointing took just a little practice, but was not difficult. Carrying even a seven-pound unit does get tiring after awhile, but it beats the pants off swinging from side to side when there is alot of ground to cover. As far as price is concerned, if I remember correctly, the unit cost a little over $600.00 and that was about 10 years ago. I have not used the Whites or any other two-box unit, so I can't comment on those machines. I'm not sure there's that much difference on the depth capabilities of the different machines. Electronics is electronics and competition among the manufacturers pretty much ensures a quality product. Thanx!

JohnnyThunders

May 10, 2005
$600?????
Geeeeee Maybe I paid more in the early 90s with my CX3 with case...
I was thinking of the CX2 at the time but the CX3 had no knobs only buttons to puch and I loved the was it talked lol......
$600 was alot of money back in the early 90s for a detector.
But I am glad I still have mine until Garretts or whites comes out with something new....
Only problem is that I have to start to get out and useing the detector instead of watching the news on Tv all day lol....JT

soar697877

Jul 3, 2007
Clarksville, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ultra GTA 350, Garrett Ace 250
I currently have the chance to get a barely used Garrett CX3, with three different coils, PLUS the treasure hound package as well.

The coils are the Garrett 8 in, 12 in, and an additional 10 in "Hotcoil"?
Plus the Two box attachment, and a Garrett Bag for it all.

What do ya'll believe is a fair price for the above?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread