The AT Gold 5" x 8" Coils Just Simply Amazes Me :)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The AT Gold 5" x 8" Coils Just Simply Amazes Me :)

atgoldallmost.jpg

Here's my last couple of hunts, finishing off today with my regular Tuesday hunt with a buddy of mine. Lots of coins, tokens and some nice relics! I was surprised to find some of those old ski pole bottoms, with the leather still attached!

telegrphunit.jpg

A nice old pocket watch, and a telegraph sending unit were found today.

watch-2.jpg

Here's a close up of the pocket watch. The insides were missing and the numbers on the white face had long faded away.

ATGOLDCOINS.jpg

Some nice older coins showed up including a more recent silver dime.

TOKENS.jpg

And an amazing 16 tokens found. Here is a sample of what I got.

Below are the best finds found by my buddy using his Garrett GTI 1500.​

Attachments

• b finds.jpg
    b finds.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 848

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: The AT Gold 5" x 8" Coils Just Simply Amazes Me :)

I got a little demonstration of that coil few weeks ago.... I was amazed at the depth of that little guy.

I think your ??? bullet is a .50 BMG. If its a half inch wide then thats gotta be what it is.

synthnut

Mar 8, 2010
Nyack NY

John,
You better not let it get out that you can find "SEX" with a Garrett 5 x 8 DD, or we'll NEVER be able to get our hands on one !!..... :laughing7: ......Jim

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I hear nothing but good things from customers on the Garrett 5 X 8 coil. I was impressed myself on it.

Nuggetville

Feb 28, 2011

John, I think you have too much fun putting together all of your finds. You really showcase your finds, even the junk looks good!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I hunted twice in the last two weeks with the Gold and the 5x8 coil that comes with it... man it really separates good and is super sensitive! The depth was also amazing.. Found the buck part of a buck and ball at over 8 inches.. if there wasn't another guy with me I wouldn't have told that..just sounds too unbelievable.. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions