Garrett at pro, garrett at gold or whites m6?!?

Younghunt

May 14, 2011
Clarkesville ga/ Ringgold ga
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter fast tracker, now garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello ive been looking at buying the garrett at pro for a while then i thought of a whites m6...Now im stuck?!? I no that the garrett is water proof and comes with a dd coil but the whites m6 seems like a good detector? It has lots of option coils and a option for a built in pinpointer!(awsome!)
But 700$ quite abite! If i were to get the whites m6 what would be the 2nd best coil to work with the sun ray dx-1 probe option?
or the garrett at gold because we might move to chattanooga tn soon? and theres gold there! but i want to relic hunt,coins, jewlery!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Garrett has tone ID and can be ground balanced for wet salted sand and salt water. Drop a detector in the water...Garrett survives, M6-?. Starts raining.....well, you know the rest.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The White's M6 is a great detector with many optional coils that will make it versatile. The standard coil and the addition of the Sunray DX-1 probe and you are all set because the DX-1 will run off the detectors circuits and will be like using a 1" coil for pinpointing. If it rains, put a baggie over the White's. If wanting to hunt for nuggets in TN, your better off with another dictated gold detector also like the AT Gold.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I would have to be put into a rubber room if they forced me to make a decision on those three. It's almost impossible. I own a pro and have a good amount of time behind the M6.
The M6 is superbly balanced, and "feels" much better and lighter in the hand than the atpro. The M6 has 7 tone mode. Plus I am a sucker for circular concentric coils. If I was to go garrett, I would spend the extra and get the gold. You really cant go wrong on your choice here, they are all good machines, none really outshines the other by much if any.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread