Dug A Stash/Cache Of 98 Coins Buried In The Ground Under The Snow Today

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
stickysnow.jpg

It got pretty warm today compared with the -20C earlier this week. The snow was kind of moist which made it stick to the coil. It was kinda like when that mud gumbo sticks to your boots and you have to remove it at times.

pipebulletmage3.jpg

Here's the totals from today. More drug paraphernalia....glue, pipe and a small 20 gram weight I forgot to post. On the plus side, often these places where the homeless and druggies hang out were the same locations where the homeless lived 100 years ago, which can produce some nice finds.

squarefootcoins.jpg

Here's that cache of 98 coins. My guess is that a nearby break-in netted a piggy bank, and all but the pennies were taken so they got left behind and forgotten. The were all recent, going back to about 30 years or so. Also in the pile were a couple of euro coins.

FIRTAG.jpg

Here's probably my best find.....an old tag with a clip buried about 8 inches at the base of a large pine tree.

Any other ideas what it could be? The hunt was done in the woods.......​

Attachments

• SOME PRIZE.jpg
    SOME PRIZE.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,143
  • SOME PRIZE.jpg
    SOME PRIZE.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,125

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Neat cache! Proving treasure, like gold, is where you find it. I suppose the snow makes it a little easier to hunt, huh?

It does make you wonder where the Euros came from, doesn't it?

Need to keep aware of your surroundings, as well as what kind of sharp points are under your feet.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
allen said:
just be careful around that type of place !!!

I only hunt in those places early in the spring, late in the fall and winter (when possible) as the druggies/homeless people live in shelters provided by the city when the weather goes bad. Sometimes I will visit those places in the summer, but never alone and often times with 2-way radios and a long handled relic shovel as a deterant.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread