AT Pro Tone and readings

MD'ing Zombie

May 29, 2011
Altoona PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
just trying to get an idea what others are are getting, for tones any numbers. No for the most part i try to go by tone, but still look so to learn my detector better. Oh this is in Pro mode.

Dime 80-81 Med Tone
Quarter 86-89 high tone.
Penny 77-79 Med tone
Nickel 54-56 low tone.

Have yet to find anything better. i know my wedding ring is like a set 68 on my air test. but above are ones i pulled that are in the ground for a while.

anyone fill in the blanks on silver or gold rings or coins. or anything that can help fill out this list. going to be a long winter, trying to find way to past the time :p

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Due to various parts, components and internal settings not all detectors of the same model are created equal and give the same response to the same target under the same conditions. What numbers I get on a dime might not be the same for you. You just have to learn your own machine and how it responds to targets where your hunting. It might not give the same readings or tones at another location due to EM fields or even temperature. Some even claim it depends if they are wearing their lucky socks.

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your readings seem to be consistent with my wifes AT Pro. Gold on our air test was also in the 60's. I found a nice sterling band with it the other day and it was consistent 98/99 on my sweeps. Also found an old token and it was low 80's. Hope this helps.HH

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well i get a 62 on my wedding band gold 14k.... and a 67 on 1913 $5.00 Gold coin.....Like sand man said every one will not get the same reading ........ close but not the same to many variable's..........

dale68

Jan 12, 2009
Was iron audio on or off in pro mode. Did you ground bal nearby? The tones on my atp are different for the #s listed. 75 up = high tone 75 to 40 med tone 40 down low tone. What was ur iron disc. If it does this consistantly(what you listed) suggest you call garrett. Machine may be out of calibration.

TheGeorgiaCanuck

Oct 20, 2011
Surrey, BC
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's a few of mine.

18k thin mans wedding ring: 53-43
Several silver rings: 90-96
Silver quarters: 92-95
Silver dimes: 85-92
Canadian Pennies: 75-79 new clad, 80-85 old ones.
New Canadian clad: anywhere from 48-56 on nickles to 70-95 with iron audio growls mixed in for dimes, quarters, loonies and toonies. Really hate steel crap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread