Paint an ACE

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Well, you could make a temporary cover like I did. I made a camo cover for the ACE and Master hunter

misctwo.jpg

Attachments

• twoacea2.jpg
    twoacea2.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 785

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Give it lite sanding and a quick prime with a plastic primer(so the paint sticks better) then shoot it with your color choice.

If your a charter member search it, I'm sure there have been 2 I remember that were painted.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Krylon Fusion for plastic is the only way to go. Use high gloss black and have your biker bud air brush some scenes of pirates burying treasure, and your favorite pocket spills. Mask carefully. I would also consider bright safety orange with wisps of pull tabs and foil, and gold coins and gold diamond rings smattered about. That would be the best maybe.

OP
OP
The Silver Pirate

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
If I did this, I would of course gut the control box so I wouldn't have to mask. I wonder if it would void the warranty.

The other way to go is wrap it all with the digital camo tape. Saw some at the local hunting supply store. Also, Gorilla has a camo duct tape.

You Garrett fans are going to kill me on this... I know Garrett makes good machines, and the Ace has been a great seller, and a good coin machine, but the yellow just wreaks of "toy". I know it's not, but I will always think that. I have never used a Garrett, but the Yellow is a turn off.

Dwight S

Apr 26, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro & White's TDI & Tesoro Compass uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The Silver Pirate said:
You Garrett fans are going to kill me on this... I know Garrett makes good machines, and the Ace has been a great seller, and a good coin machine, but the yellow just wreaks of "toy". I know it's not, but I will always think that. I have never used a Garrett, but the Yellow is a turn off.

I could care less what color it is, as long as it finds the good stuff, Garrett could paint it pink.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
I like the camo idea. But I think spray would give better results. I would go with a deep gloss black. I was just kidding about the air brush, but if I knew someone who could do it cheap, I would go with gloss black and flames....

Attachments

• acefire.JPG
    acefire.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 583
  • darth.JPG
    darth.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 794
  • smiley.JPG
    smiley.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 856

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread